Sweet Crunchy pork rind Granola/Cereal- make your own

Options
KETOGENICGURL
KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
I LOVE crunchy in my yogurt, and sometimes I MISS cereal just for the crunch.

I joked about sweetening pork rinds, and the ONLY flavored ones are spicy/hot, the opposite of what I needed.

Well RuledMe guy just came out with a salted caramel pork rind cereal. at the same time I finally made my batches of vanilla sweetened pork rind...here is my recipe -- you CAN add seeds to make it more like granola.
http://www.ruled.me/salted-caramel-pork-rind-cereal/

1. Use a buttered flat pan or dish, crush the light fluffy pork rinds a bit- the plain ones.
2. Sprinkle or spray vanilla flavor, sprinkle cinnamon, then erithritol ground/powdered.. or your sweetener of choice, or none.
3. (or try some other liquid flavorings like "sugar cookie, apple pie, raspberry" etc. there are a ton of these sold online)

4. Heat the toaster oven to 400...toast the rinds for 4 minutes...don't burn, but make sure they are well toasted, as it removes the rind taste.

Just add to your yogurt, and eat soon after as they will soak up moisture. I make mine fresh each morning, and it leaves a nice smell in the house.

Or just eat as toasted treat. NO carbs, and some good protein.

I PROMISE it is the PERFECT NO CARB replacement for anything with carbs like ANY plain cereal, brown rice crisps (12 carbs per 1/2 cup) or any granola with unwanted sugar..the LOW sugar/carb brand is still 12 carbs per 1/4 cup, and some high seed ones are a bit lower.

You can also add: hemp seed, flax, ground almonds, pumpkin seeds or any other seeds like chia to the toasting too.

Replies