Pro tips: If you get bored on LCHF

Options
2»

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    gerrielips wrote: »
    It was "bashert" (translation: Kismet or fate) that I read these posts today- especially @Knitormiss. I've been at such a low point for the past few months and the weight is starting to creep back up. Thanks for the honest and comforting comments that reinforce that this is not a one-time thing. It is the LCHF combined with exercise combined with this forum's amazing support that helped me lose 30 pounds last year...and will help me lose 30 more.

@gerrielips I'm happy that my words brought you some comfort... I tend to share with too much honesty sometimes, so it is good to know it helps some folks. LOL
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    I am in a similar boat. I tend to get very compulsive about new interests and like to research and learn like crazy. Once I have reached a certain level of knowledge I lose some interest. That's where I am now. There aren't many LCHF or keto books that I haven't read at this point. I feel like I mastered this way of eating. There is no challenge now so it is less interesting.

You sound like me, with literally everything. I would call it ADD, if not for the fact that the interests usually last for at least months, if not years in some cases.

@Gallowmere1984 - Hyperfocusivity is a HUGE component of ADD or ADHD for many folks, me included... Look it up. That covers you COMPLETELY.

I'll definitely give it a look, but I'm not overly concerned with it either way. It's not having a negative impact on my job or life, so there's no way anyone (especially not a doctor) will ever convince me that it needs cured. :D
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    That's me, too. I have problems with it years back, but my thyroid was all kinds of messed up back then, way more than now, so it played into it a lot, too.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    What percentages of carbs, fats and proteins are we supposed to eat?
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Because its summer and festivals, pool parties, etc are going on I am distracted from my previous stimulation/entertainment of eating. Horray!

Also, I've lost 24 pounds since last year and can see that my tummy and the areas between my breasts and belly is flatter and bigger. Also my hips are less fat. I am going to HAVE TO TAKE MY CLOTHES IN!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    What percentages of carbs, fats and proteins are we supposed to eat?

I currently run 5/65/30 c/f/p. It's up to each person though.
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    This week, I let a lot of the stuff I had been eating spoil from that very thing... boredom! I still don't want to find replacements for the bad, old foods, for fear that I will start to abuse those too, like I did with white carbs and sweets. Still working it, though! Good luck all!!
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    lithezebra wrote: »
    I made pizza protein bread, with lots of cheese and olives. That helped, and it wasn't hard or time consuming.

Would love a recipe!