I love not having cravings

Options
Cyndi146
Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
Took my daughter to dinner last night where we "built" our own salads. Topped it with so much deliciousness. When she wanted to get dessert (frozen yogurt! My FAVORITE!) the craving wasn't there and I didn't have to feel sorry for myself for not getting any. I did have a few bites of her fries because Hello! Jack's Urban fries are to DIE FOR!

But all the foods that get shoved in our faces... cake at parties, pizza at work, etc. has had no appeal. It's amazing how when it's out of your system, the cravings go too. I like it!

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    It's awesome most of the time, isn't it? Just make a backup plan for your weaker moments - so that you won't dive in head first and forgot to come up for air for a week. ;)
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I'm amazed at the general lack of interest in food except for making sure something is available when hunger hits.
  • 2Bhealthier2
    2Bhealthier2 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Great job! I also love not having those cravings, my work has had lots of sweets, one is donuts, my favorite and I have stayed away from them, yeah. I will admit, my husband and I had a cheat day, decided to have a dessert but we were 6 weeks into keto before we did it. Had it, was satisfied and don't feel like I need more for a long while. My old way, once I had a sweet then it seemed like I would have one everyday for several days, not good.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Love that feeling!!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    It's such sweet freedom, isn't it?
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    It's such sweet freedom, isn't it?

Amen to that!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    There's the food control that's available with this woe! I love it! Congratulations!

Every time I work there's carbage that someone has brought in to "treat" everyone with! I have no desire, and that is wonderful!
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Totally. When I crave something now, it's usually morning and I want BREAKFAST FOOD. Get some eggs and sausage or bacon in me, stat! Or avocados and coffee.

I remember back to my "trying out Atkins" days, and I know I'm doing it right this time around, because I don't want anything that I can't have. Back then, I sort of did, occasionally.
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    These stories are awesome! Last night I went to get my hair done and was offered a glass of wine and was easily able to turn it down. I haven't cut out all alcohol but am being more selective as to when and what I drink. It was nice to flex my self control muscles :blush:
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I have to admit, the smell of pizza is really hard to resist but as long as there's a veggie plate then I'll be ok :) The threat of getting knocked out of ketosis and having to wait days or weeks get back into it losing progress is enough of a deterrent on it's own, lol.

Count that as one of your NSVs and congrats!
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Living without cravings is Super Duper Awesome, I'm keeping my healthy fat intake up without consuming any fish, nuts or coconut.
    @Sarahb29
    Pizza - well I'm very lactose intolerant, however if Pizza is being ordered and is the only option, I get a white meat lovers, well done and take the lactose pills - then dive in and eat the toppings only - no breading/crust at all.

Having said that, I agree with NO cravings and am not moved by the smell of pizza - some ppl here make a very low carb pizza crust ---I've shared the recipe but haven't made it myself.