July

Options
bbinoa
bbinoa Posts: 493 Member
Holy cow, it's July?!!

I'm going to make a green days goal, but no exercise goal since I'll be in a boot post surgery for most of the month. My eating had been on vacation mode still too. I think the 3# I attributed to water weight post vacation actually arent!

Green goal is 15 days. I actually didn't realize it was July until 9 pm so..... didn't make day 1, lol!!!
0/15

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I hate the last week of June. It's the end of the fiscal year at work and I totally lose track of the rest of my life. So, having written that off, I am going to set a green days goal of 25 and a gym days goal of 15 days.

July 1 - Chevy green, no gym 1/25 and 0/15
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I'll use the same goals from last month but actually achieve them this month.

7-1
    Green: Yes
    Goal: 1/22
    Exercise: Yes
    Goal: 1/17

@bbinoa Maybe the "water" weight is just taking a little longer to get rid of. :-) It'll come off. Also, that was funny about you just discovering it was July this evening. I told a friend earlier that it was June already and August would be here sooner than we know it. She happily corrected me to tell me it was July. Ha, ha, ha, ha.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins Glad June is past us. May your July be wonderful.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    7-2 & 7-3
    Green: No & No
    Goal: 1/22
    Exercise: Yes & No
    Goal: 2/17

Tomorrow is going to be all yes...I pray. :D
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    7-4
    Goal: 2/22
    Goal: 3/17

I hope you ladies enjoyed your 4th!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    July 2 & 3 - red & no gym
    Independence Day - green & I am claiming a gym day, since I walked 4 miles in the Independence Day Parade in addition to decorating and lifting kids onto and off of the float.
    2/25 and 1/15
  • bbinoa
    Options
    Too funny, I slept a good 12 hrs Sat night and woke up w my beach wt gain gone! Haha!!!

I'm also completely burnt out from counting calories. Boo!!! :s
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    7-5
    Goal: 3/22
    Goal: 4/17

Maybe I should try sleeping for 12 hours? Ha, ha, ha, ha.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins I would certainly count those 4 miles. Nice walk!
    @bbinoa Counting calories can be exhausting. I've tried listening to my body and eating reasonable portions, but I like food too much to do that forever. :)

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    July 5 - green 3/25
    No gym - 1/15

@bbinoa I can go about a week without counting, but then I have to go back to it.

@Laughter_Girl it was a hot walk. I enjoy doing the parades with my Cub Scouts, but I really should have drunk more water during it. I was still feeling dehydrated this morning. It's not 8:30 yet and I have already had 24oz of water today.
  • bbinoa
    Options
    Yea, I'm just not feeling the calorie tracking thing at the moment. Blah. Tomorrow is foot surgery day! I went for a short walk/jog last night. It hurt but I figured I'd get my money's worth! Since I'll be inactive for a bit I may get back on the tracking train then. At least it's summer and my diet is pretty much 80% zucchini from my garden at the moment :wink:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @bbinoa I have yellow squash on my desk, waiting to be eaten with my lunch. :-)

July 6 - green, no gym 4/25, 1/15

And I have another "at home" gym day in my future. I'll have to get up on the roof to fix the soffits where a storm tore down the gutter tomorrow. Ugh!
  • bbinoa
    Options
    Today was surgery day. I'm doing well so far! Amazing, the procedure only took 12 minutes! My hair appts take longer! Lol!!! Right now my foot is totally numb so no pain. I'm on crutches and it's wrapped up til the 25th. I may not need the boot after that either. That would be awesome!!!

Bonus, I can't carry food w the crutches and unless someone is here to feed me I'm pretty much limited to bites of stuff at the fridge and what I can carry in my teeth from the pantry to a chair kinda like a pet, I guess. Bright side, right? :wink: lol!!!

@MelissaPhippsFeagins good luck w the post storm home repairs. Yes, that stuff is Def a workout!!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    7-6 & 7-7
    Green: No & Yes
    Goal: 4/22
    Exercise: No & Yes
    Goal: 5/17

@bbinoa That's wonderful the surgery went well. 12 minutes!!!! That was beyond quick. Sounds like you'll be eating light for a bit. Take care of yourself so that you'll be walking again soon.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins Hope the repairs yielded a good calorie burn!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @bbinoa glad your surgery went well.

@Laughter_Girl I haven't done them yet. It rained all day yesterday and I am not going to get on a wet too. If it's dry this afternoon, I will get started.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    July 7 - red - my husband and daughter stopped at Sonic for National Ice Cream Day. Since I can't have ice cream in a cone, they bought me a half price milkshake at 10pm. Bourbon and brown sugar. It was good. No regrets. No gym, also no regrets. We were out with friends.

July 8 & 9 - green and gym because roof repairs are a work out. My posterior chain is sore.

Totals: 6/25 and 3/15.

@bbinoa - how's your recovery going?
  • bbinoa
    Options
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins, everything is going well. No pain. I just hate being off my feet and having to ask for help w stuff. Not my style. But, I know I need to let things heal. Still, driving me crazy not to be able to do more. My hubby and kids are at the grocery store now so I'm expecting a weeks worth of ice cream dinners to roll in here :wink:
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    7-8, 7-9 & 7-10
    Green: No, No & Yes
    Goal: 5/22
    Exercise: No, Yes & Yes
    Goal: 7/17

Glad everyone is doing well. I'm about to tighten up on my eating. My stomach is sticking out, and I don't like it. I've got to shift my thinking once again. I'm going to start eating for nourishment and not for the shear joy of eating.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    7-11
    Goal: 6/22
    Goal: 8/17

Day 1 of eating for nourishment was a success. I thought I was hungry a couple of hours after breakfast (should not have been), and I would have caved and eaten a snack just one day earlier. But today I gave my body what it really needed. Water. I drank water, and guess what? The signs of hunger disappeared immediately. I pray I can continue down this road.

How are you ladies doing?
  • bbinoa
    Options
    @Laughter_Girl good for you!!! It's interesting what happens when we really pay attention to our bodies. Sometimes I find myself eating just because it's time to eat, or there's X in the house and I want some before the kids inhale it. I've been trying to really think about it too. Eat because I'm hungry, not because my husband is having a snack, or whatever. It helps. Just takes some thought and retraining. Give your body what it needs, not what you think you need!

I'm doing well. Just working from home. My foot feels awesome! I'm kind of shocked how pain-free the whole surgery has been. Just trying to be a good patient, let it heal and move on with life.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    7-12
    Green: Yes - Chevy (I went over my goal by 5 calories. :D )
    Goal: 7/22
    Exercise: No
    Goal: 8/17
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    @bbinoa Sounds like your recovery is going well. That's awesome! You'll be walking/running in no time. Keep being a good patient. I laughed about you eating X in the house before your kids get to it. I do the same thing, but thankfully, I only have to beat out my husband. In the past, I would convince myself that I was doing him a favor because he didn't need it. Ha, ha, ha, ha. Just greedy. In reality, neither one of us needed whatever it was! Ha.