Tmi-Urine smell

Options
genmon00
genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
edited July 2016 in Social Groups
Hello all,
Question, has anyone experienced stronger smelling urine after starting LCHF? I am noticing this, more on days when I stay less than 25 g carbs a day. I drink tons of water so I don't think it's due to dehydration. Any thoughts on this?

Replies

• Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Those of us who are in ketosis may often have smelly urine. It's very normal.
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options

Thank you! I was starting to freak out lol since drinking so much water is driving me to the bathroom, I'm constantly noticing it lol
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    genmon00 wrote: »

Thank you! I was starting to freak out lol since drinking so much water is driving me to the bathroom, I'm constantly noticing it lol

Pay more attention to the color of your pee. If it's appropriately light or clear, don't worry about the scent - that just means you've likely dropped into ketosis on those lower carb days.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I can defend bite it smell the ketones in my urine! Isn't it glorious?!?!?!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Totally normal. I sometimes feel embarrassed when I'm sharing the work bathroom. It can be strong lol
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    YES, those keys......

Wow! I don't even know what I said! Lol

• ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    LINIA wrote: »
    YES, those keys......

Wow! I don't even know what I said! Lol

Or Google Voice maybe....hate it when it happens to me too 'cause it makes you feel like an idiot. Stupid Google Voice. ;)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Lol!

Oh yes I can smell them too! And yes, it's a wonderful smell to smell!! I don't worry about anyone else smelling it, because their urine stinks too, but for different reasons!

Keto on my friends!
  • AmyWininger
    AmyWininger Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Mine is the same, or was today! I thought I was getting a UTI, but hoping it's just the KETO smell!!
  • LemonMarmalade
    LemonMarmalade Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Lol. One of the worst things about eating vlc!!!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I got used to ignoring the smell of mine years ago. I used to drink 4-6 pots of coffee every day. My bathroom perpetually smelled like a Folger's can. I even overheard a nurse during one of my CDL physicals say "Jesus, this guy drinks a lot of coffee".