Progress Report

Options
chercher82
chercher82 Posts: 6 Member
Hi All - I just wanted to post somewhere about my progress and thought you might, too.

I'm at my lowest (recorded) weight in two years which feels really good. I am on a ketogenic (low carb high fat) diet. But truth be told it's not 100% like that all the time. I have days where I choose to eat a carby food. I used to beat myself up about it or just lose all control and binge. Somehow in the past month my mindset changed and I recognized that I am allowed to eat anything I want without justifying it. I am also more aware of how the different food makes me feel. Like alcohol - man, it really lowers my will power over the following days after drinking.

Anyway - I want to recommend the book "The Obesity Code". It's an easy read and I enjoyed it because the author Dr Jung gets mildly ranty (and he justifies it with data from HUMAN trials). If you want a different approach to weight loss that isn't "eat less, move more" that has failed so many people then check it out.

Replies

• PudgyFellow123
    PudgyFellow123 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Good going staying on target. Sure is hard to stick to something for a long period regardless
    On diet type. For me, the hardest part is seeing the results and feel like I earned a reward. That's always a bad idea, though.
    I just came out of surgery for gallbladder removal 6 weeks ago and am back at the gym, finally! It's given time for my groin strain and rotator cuff issues to heal up as well so the rest did me good.
    Keep at it!