Low carb dessert recipes

Options
ladyj22
ladyj22 Posts: 146 Member
I'm in desperate need of low carb dessert recipes. I'm craving sweets and don't want to eat anything high in carbs obviously. Please help.

Replies

• riaward1990
    riaward1990 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Whip together double cream and melted chocolate (the higher % the better ). high in fat and you only need a little bit to feel full.
  • ladyj22
    ladyj22 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Oh that sounds amazing! Thank you!
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    I like to finish dinner with a sweet taste. I've been eating
    sugarfree gelatin. I get a 12 pack at Walmart & 2 cups does
    the trick for me.

>:) or o:)
  • cedarsidefarm
    cedarsidefarm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Low carb strawberry cheesecake swirl from I breathe I'm hungry site is absolutely wonderful. It requires some effort and I added grated orange peel and trippled the middle, cheesecake portion, to get more of a real german cheesecake texture. (I also cooked it like my grandmother's cheesecake, 450 for 15 min, then 300 for 60 minutes, then 15 minutes with the oven off, then cool to room temp, then refrigerate) the basic recipe is also very good. It is the best low carb dessert I've found so far.
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty addicted to a form of the recipe below at the moment. It started as a basic 4 ingredient recipe from an unknown site but I've altered it so often & much to where it's basically mine now:

-cream cheese (usually around 70-85g)
    -coconut fat (solid of coconut milk) whatever amount one can yields without the liquid
    -1 tsp vanilla extract
    -1-2 tsp cacao (cocoa) powder
    -2 10g squares dark chocolate broken up by hand (I use lindt 85-90% dark)
    -sprinkle of ground cinnamon
    -organic unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
    -1 oz of chopped pecans
    Blended on high in my mixer until well incorporated

Usually makes me 4-5 servings. I will make it without some of the above or add more of the above. Also, if I am craving sweets I may add a drop or two of sweetleaf.

• bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I love to make fat bombs

Take a couple tablespoons of high fat dry cocoa powder (Dutch) or shave some dark chocolate (86-90%) into some almond or sesame butter (or any nut butter you like), and melt it in a microwavable dish or a sauce pan, add 2 tb butter and stir that in, then add 2 tb heavy cream and 1/2 tsp vanilla, and stir it til it's combined, all over low heat.

Then I'll add different things, depending on what I've got on hand or my mood:

4 drops or so of flavored liquid stevia (hazelnut, chocolate raspberry, English toffee, etc.)
    And finely chopped pecans, walnuts, or your favorite kind of nuts

..then heat it all through, pour it into small containers or a silicone ice cube tray and cool in the fridge.

I have these tiny ramekins that are exactly 2 tablespoon servings, each:
    https://amzn.com/B0006BDCXA
    and I just have one of those, and eat it with a spoon. One is really enough for me. I'm not a sweet tooth, exactly.

I am right now making a batch with toasted coconut, salted caramel Torani, and macadamia nuts. I only previously made a regular chocolate and cream batch, and one with tahini, a dash of cinnamon, and hazelnuts.
    Maybe I'll try to make one with palm full of crumbled raspberries or some orange zest.
  • SueMizzou52
    SueMizzou52 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Fat bombs are great. If you google low carb fat bombs you will get a million possibilities.

Personally, I love cookies. Chocolate chip cookies especially. I'm attaching a link to the very best recipe I've found so far.

http://the-lowcarb-diet.com/low-carb-chocolate-chip-cookies/
  • becwana
    becwana Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Easiest mug cake recipe EVER.....

2 tbsp nut butter (peanut, almond, cashew - whatever you have)
    1 tbsp + 1 tsp granulated sweetener
    1 egg

Whisk it up well

Microwave for 1 min 30

Boom!
  • amyinthetardis1231
    amyinthetardis1231 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    These sound delicious!