Skin Issues from Weight Loss

Options
Does anyone have any skin issues from weight loss? About 8 years ago, I weighed 415 pounds at 5'9". In the course of about 9 months, I dropped 115 pounds and then have gradually rode a roller coaster down to my current weight at 230 pounds and 18% body fat (according to a Bod Pod anyways). But still, I'm left with significant "sagging" in my waist, chest and thighs. Obviously, I would love to get to a place where I'm comfortable with taking my shirt off, but I'm not sure it can be accomplished by workout/diet alone. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Replies

• jdyray
    jdyray Posts: 7
    Options
    I can't help you there. I have friends that were in a similar situation and they ultimately ended up getting surgery to have it removed.
  • gregkelly
    gregkelly Posts: 5
    Options
    I can't help you there. I have friends that were in a similar situation and they ultimately ended up getting surgery to have it removed.

Good to know I'm not the only one then! I just didn't want to drop that kind of money if there were a cheaper route with some effectiveness. Here in Denver, the going rate just for the stomach is $15k. Looks like it's time to start saving up!

Thanks for commenting.
  • jdyray
    jdyray Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm just South of you in Albuquerque and it's the same deal down here. PS is expensive no matter where you go. In some cases you can get insurance to cover most of the bill. You will have to show that it is not merely cosmetic though.
  • polarfoxi
    polarfoxi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Any new information on this front? I could go under the knife for few thousand euros in Estonia, but that doesn't appeal to me :/