BPC

Options
genmon00
genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
Hello All,

I recently began to drink BPC in the AMs to help with my new schedule in which I am working from 8 am to 1:30 pm without time to get real food. So far I love it! Tons of energy, no shaky low blood sugar feeling. I'm only wondering why i don't FEEL hungry. Today around 12:30 my tummy was rumbling but I didn't FEEL hungry. I wonder if its a mental thing or if I really am not hungry. What are y'alls experience with BPC? Is it worth it in the long run?

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I'm relatively new to BPC, trying to ramp up the MCT oil, and experimenting with HWC and butter. I haven't figured out the idea mixture just yet, but have also found the high calories and high fat helps for not being quite as hungry throughout the day. At some point, I'm hoping to be able to totally replace breakfast (food) with BPC, but will want to add protein powder in that case.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    My own version of BPC keeps me 100% full and you're right, it's wonderful.
    I agree with @midwesterner85, it must be the fat, I'm allergic to coconut- so am not using that MCI but just the Kerry Gold & heavy whipping cream.

Can't help it but thinking someone will pinch me, wake me up and the carby foods will flood back into my life.
    Good Luck to you @genmon00 if you are doing this WOE for weight loss or health.
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    genmon00 wrote: »
    I'm only wondering why i don't FEEL hungry. Today around 12:30 my tummy was rumbling but I didn't FEEL hungry. I wonder if its a mental thing or if I really am not hungry.

Like you, I have T2D. Before trying LCHF, I would get hungry about 2-3 hours after I ate. Since cutting back on carbs, I realize I don't have the sugar spikes and drops like before. It was those "drops" that felt like "hunger" to me, not necessarily an empty stomach. Maybe that's what's going on with you?

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    @genmon00 Since 12:30 is a regular lunch time, culturally - maybe your mind just thought you were hungry because it is socially appropriate to be hungry then?
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    MyriiStorm wrote: »
    genmon00 wrote: »
    I'm only wondering why i don't FEEL hungry. Today around 12:30 my tummy was rumbling but I didn't FEEL hungry. I wonder if its a mental thing or if I really am not hungry.

Like you, I have T2D. Before trying LCHF, I would get hungry about 2-3 hours after I ate. Since cutting back on carbs, I realize I don't have the sugar spikes and drops like before. It was those "drops" that felt like "hunger" to me, not necessarily an empty stomach. Maybe that's what's going on with you?

yes, that seems like a good theory! I dread the low sugar feeling so I would make sure to eat the 2-3 hours I invented the HANGRY lol