Summer 2016

Options
KiyaK
KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
Anyone running SC this summer?

I just finished the beginner program (my first lifting program ever) and feeling pretty proud of myself. Especially because I'm dealing with an old shoulder injury that flared up. Now I'm heading on vacation for almost 2 weeks. When I get back I'm going to run the lower body only program with some additional abs work.

What are you guys doing?

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Hi @KiyaK!

I am no longer doing SC but am now into my third week of Get Glutes. I did run the lower body program last year with some extra upper work and I really enjoyed it.

Hopefully we can get this group active again!
  • KiyaK
    Options
    Hello @sardel! I wish that I could do upper body work as well. I enjoyed having something to superset with the lower body work. It made the workout feel faster & more interesting. However, my shoulder has been giving me issues. If it's still aching when I get back from vacation, I will have to visit a doctor :(

I hope you're enjoying the Get Glutes program. How is it similar or different from SC? I haven't heard of it before.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Oh no, hope it is nothing serious and your shoulder heals up soon.

Get Glutes is pretty similar but it is an online program and it is kind of the next step after SC. Every month there is a new set of workouts with video to demonstrate each exercise, an online community where you can ask Kellie questions. I really like it
  • Marcia_albrecht
    Marcia_albrecht Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi... I just finished the first week of the beginners program. Although I made some changes to fit my schedule. I do workout a, b, c at home minus the one involving gym material. The last ones I do all together twice a week, so i dont have to go to the gym three times. I hope it will work this way too.
  • KiyaK
    Options
    Hey @Marcia_albrecht! I'm a little confused about what you're doing. Just to be sure I understand you, you're doing A, B, & C at home using body weight & skipping the exercises that use gym equipment. Then you go to the gym twice a week and do the exercises that use equipment? If this is the case, it's probably not the most efficient way to use the program.

When I went through the beginner program I only worked out twice a week and used workouts A & B. Maybe you could try that & supplement with workout C from the "bodyweight/at home" workout if you really want to do three days a week, but only go to the gym twice.

I only suggest this because professionally written workout programs are put together in order & progression for very specific reasons. Rearranging the program might, at the least, fail to give you the results you want, and at the most, could lead to injury (due to improper warmup/progression etc)

Just a suggestion. It's your workout in the end :)
  • KiyaK
    Options
    Today I finally got started on the lower body only program after a 3 week workout hiatus. Despite being all body weight, it kicked my butt! Literally! I feel like I've lost so much strength and flexibility. Here's to hoping I can gain it back quickly too!