So I noticed that. . .

Options
closetlibrarian
closetlibrarian Posts: 2,207 Member
A lot of people are here because of PCOS, or IBS, or T2D. I am not. I have no underlying medical issues that I'm trying to control, I'm just trying to be the healthiest version of myself. Having said that. . . July 1 was a complete cupcake disaster. I ate more added sugar in one day than I normally do in a month . . . and I noticed that my joints were stiff and achy for two days after. Especially the joints in my fingers and toes. I imagine I probably felt that EVERY DAY before going Primal/Paleo, but it was just a fact of life so I didn't notice it.

Replies

• karenenriquez1225
    karenenriquez1225 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Yes, I used to think my sluggishness was due to weather or getting older. I have been primal for a couple of months(give or take) and the sluggishness is gone. I turned down a big piece of birthday cake yesterday knowing full well that I would feel like hell later.
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    It's funny how that works. I've had the same thought, that back in the old days I felt cruddy all the time but didn't realize it because I didn't have a measuring stick (healthwise) to compare against.

What irks me is when I get to feeling so good, I forget the price I pay when I get careless. I know better, and I still do it.

Good for you, Karen, turning down the birthday cake.