Essential Tools for WLS

Options
cmchandler74
cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
I was thinking it would be great to have a thread just for products that make your life a ton easier after WLS.

Replies

• cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Here is my latest and greatest. I'm in my office each day by 7:30 so this is fantastic for when I want a hot breakfast. Just toss in an egg, scramble it, add goodies and hit 45 seconds on the microwave. The best part is I probably paid about $2 when I picked it up on clearance at a local Kmart going out of business.

https://www.nordicware.com/store/product_detail/eggs-n-muffin-breakfast-pan#.V35flKJq91Q
  • munchkinpsych
    munchkinpsych Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm having my RNY on Monday (7/11). I've been wondering about getting a microwave egg cooker for when I'm on solids again, so I'll have to keep an eye out for this one.

So far, being pre-op and in the middle of my 2 week liquid diet, I really love my Blender Bottles for mixing protein shakes. If I'm making a breakfast shake, I like to mix it up in the Blender Bottle the night before and put it in the fridge. In the morning I give it a quick swirl and have an ice cold shake without any of the pesky foam shaking can cause.
  • mat0424
    mat0424 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=kitchen&field-keywords=Zojirushi+Stainless+Vacuum+Mug,+10+oz/0.30+
    My Zojirushi mug has been a life saver. Since you eat so slowly it was perfect for bringing my soups to work in. Kept them very hot so I could sip on for 30 mins. It locks so it won't spill in your purse or bag. Now that I am on food I make a protein shake in it for the drive home from work. When I open it up after 8 hours it is still icy and cold just like when I make it that morning. I LOVE IT!!!
  • Keikix3
    Keikix3 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I bought pyrex measuring cups to heat soup, make eggs, heat water for jello in the microwave. I found several tiny plastic bowls with lids that are the perfect 2 oz size for jello, left overs, portions of foods that I think I will be able to freeze once I am on regular foods. I found a 2 tbs measuring spoon for hummus, cottage cheese, yogurt, vegetables when I want to make a selection of things on my little plate. I am using a salad plate and tiny spoons and forks I found at the supermarket in the party aisle (I think they are for appetizers). I found a small food processor at a thrift store and keep it on the counter along with my blender. I also bought some pretty little bowls and a small plate. I think this is a great idea to share the practical things we have found that helps. I am still learning about how much food I can eat, I am not sure I feel the restriction people talk about, for me its an all of a sudden uh oh, I think I ate too much and then it hurts kind of or feels like the food will come into my throat, not nausea, just a peculiar feeling :) Good luck to those about to have the sleeve surgery, mine was easy and little pain, though I did get pretty badly dehydrated and had to have extra IV fluids in the hospital and afterwards. I find drinking is the hardest--to make sure you are getting enough water and fluids when you are not thirsty or are full.
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    The things that I could absolutely,ositively not have done without are a food scale, a fitbit, and free accounts on MyFitnessPal, Fitbit, and ObesityHelp.