snacks

Options
bigred01
bigred01 Posts: 45 Member
I know most people that do low carb diets are always asking questions about snack foods. That is what most people seem to miss out on the most. I just wanted to post a few snacks that I have enjoyed lately to maybe give people ideas. Hopefully everyone can post what they like to make us all have a little bit more variety in our diet.

Favorite snack right now is guacamole. Instead of using bread or chips to dip in it, I just slice up cucumbers.
I love celery and peanut butter too.
Today I bought some pickled okra. That was really good.
I love ham/cream cheese/pecan pieces rollups. Those make a really good appetizer for parties.
Anyway, these are just a few I have been eating lately. Everyone share what they like.

Replies

• janimei
    janimei Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Apple and cheese. Kind low-sugar nut bars. Trader Joe's light string cheese "melted" on zucchini or other vegetable (doesn't melt much, but I like it warmed this way). Cold chicken leg and wedge of cantaloupe.
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    for a quick one I just put a slice of lean ham between a slice of cheese broken in half or spread some cottage cheese in a slice of ham. I am in the first phase of Atkins mind you so I will be allowed more carbs soon. Right now I have this big thing for cheese hotdogs.... so bad but only 1 carb:tongue:
  • Peachy1962
    Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    My fav snack is string cheese with some turkey pepperoni slices

Unsweetened vanilla almond milk with a lil splenda