Where is Everyone From, and What Team Did You Pick?

Replies

• RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Chicago area here, Team Valor (red). Just started yesterday, made it up to level 6. Wound up walking 5.2 miles in search of Pokémon. Caught lots of Rattata and Pidgeys, a few Caterpies, found a Jigglypuff near the local mosque and a Magikarp in the stream near my apartment.

It was a little frustrating though, because the more people who were around me playing the game, the more glitchy the game was. Half of the Pokestops would come up blank. But as soon as I got farther away from the crowds, the game performed better. So I think I will be playing in more remote areas for the time being until they get the servers sorted out.

My favorite part of the game so far is actually catching the Pokémon. I tried my had at a couple of gyms, but failed pretty miserably because I'm still a noob.
  • ekmontyg
    ekmontyg Posts: 11 Member
    I'm from Dayton, OH I picked Mystic. Yesterday was the first day I really went out to find gyms and pokestops and before I knew it I had reached my 10,000 steps. Going to keep playing!
  • JustKen74
    JustKen74 Posts: 150 Member
    Oklahoma City, OK here and Team Valor for me.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Bartlesville, OK and I choose Mystic!!!
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Westchester, NY - Team Valor! Just got back from a short walk and found a Pidgeon... and ran out of pokeballs :( Need to get in a nice long walk downtown, where there are plenty of pokestops.
  • car8rie
    car8rie Posts: 2 Member
    St Augustine FL Team Mystic
  • Schmitty_89
    Schmitty_89 Posts: 38 Member
    Greetings. I am Joslyn, I hail from the land of 10,000 lakes known as Minnesota. I am not on a team yet. Haha only level 4. My phone and connection is very spotty so I have not had consistent time doing it everyday but I enjoy it when I get to play randomly at night. I hope to meet many new friends who have a passion for animation and exercise.
  • AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    Whether they like to admit it or not, everyone's exercising & socializing & it's so awesome I love it! I even got my husband out walking with me which is something I've been trying to do for years (he's gamer with a natural metabolism of a gazelle to his defense) we're lucky to have 3 Pokémon gyms & several shops within walking distance & although I've been focusing on lifting I've hit my step goal every day since this game came out.
  • LunariusHaberdash
    LunariusHaberdash Posts: 44 Member
    Great to have you aboard Asara!
  • BioShocked89
    BioShocked89 Posts: 330 Member
    I'm from southern Indiana and I chose Team Mystic. My starter was Bulbasaur but I would have preferred Squirtle. Aside from searching from Pokemon, I also like how just like in the old games you have to walk around to make an egg hatch. I have A few 5 km eggs and one 10 km egg and I love watching the progress on them.
  • FloraJL
    FloraJL Posts: 121 Member
    I finally reached Level 5 yesterday and I chose Team Mystic (yellow) because whenever I ignore my instincts things don't go well.

My biggest frustration right now is that the gyms around me are held by Pokemon with really high CPs, like 800 - 950! I have no chance at training my Pokemon that way. :(

I run a Meetup group (Geekitude - East Coast) and I think I'm going to schedule a training session on Sunday in Old Town Alexandria which is near the water and has lots of Pokestops. This game is so much fun!
  • LunariusHaberdash
    LunariusHaberdash Posts: 44 Member
    Heyyyy! I specifically chose Bulbasaur as my starter, I love that little guy.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Washington, MO.
    Team Mystic

My husband is on Team Valor. It seems to be mostly a battle between Valor and Mystic here. While there are some Instinct players they don't hold any gyms for very long. The parks are full of people playing and socializing since the game came out.
  • whisper34c
    whisper34c Posts: 16 Member
    Brooklyn, Ny.. My 7yr old son & I are on Team Instinct
  • bbordner
    bbordner Posts: 59 Member
    San Angelo, TX. I've been using it to make my walks more interesting, but not much outside that (though I love games). Just hit level 5, leaning towards Valor for my team. Fridays should be more interesting too since I hang out downtown with my coworkers (of which several also play).
  • Ammey68
    Ammey68 Posts: 65 Member
    I'm also from Minnesota, and am on Team Mystic! I just downloaded the app yesterday morning and I'm obsessed. I'm trying to figure out how to make it fun for my three year old joining me on extended walks to find Pokémon... Maybe she would have fun spinning the coin at the PokeStops. Must try this tonight!
  • wildrosewood
    wildrosewood Posts: 63 Member
    Team Mystic here. I'm in Portland, Oregon - and I must say that I've walked more in the past week than I have since... I can't remember. It's fantastic. =)
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    NC, Team Valor, my starter was Charmander because I figured it was just training to throw Pokeballs. I've spent entirely too much time on this game. :lol:
  • wolfgirl78
    wolfgirl78 Posts: 56 Member
    I'm in Louisiana. I chose Team Valor.
  • ginaDDDD
    ginaDDDD Posts: 27 Member
    Hi! From CT and team Red. Game is still very glitchy for me. Keeps freezing and such so I haven't been able to catch many yet. Hopefully today will be glitch free