Where is Everyone From, and What Team Did You Pick?

Replies

• shellyb17
    shellyb17 Posts: 144 Member
    Columbus OH, Team Valor
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Milwaukee area, wi
    my first was bulbasar. but i've got a fearow that i've used at a few gyms
    team mystic
  • perilousbard
    perilousbard Posts: 47 Member
    I'm from New Hampshire and chose Team Mystic. I started with Squirtle :) This game has made my morning walks 10x more entertaining and my bf is walking with me more often. Love it!
  • FloraJL
    FloraJL Posts: 121 Member
    ginaDDDD wrote: »
    Game is still very glitchy for me. Keeps freezing and such so I haven't been able to catch many yet. Hopefully today will be glitch free

I haven't had a glitch-free day yet, but there seems to be fewer as days go by.

• Roll_Tide_Meg
    Roll_Tide_Meg Posts: 255 Member
    Hello everyone! I love this! I'm from Birmingham, AL and I chose Team Valor because of what they stand for (I also took a quiz to see which I should be on buzzfeed) and because I am a huge Bama fan (ROLL TIDE) and so I just couldn't go blue or yellow. I started with Bulbasaur. I'm loving the way it makes me get out of the house and just walk around. I have a toddler so that has been hard for me but when I have a rare pokemon up the road, at 9:30 at night, I leave her with her daddy and go for a jog. LOL! Last night it was a pigeot up the road but when I got to it, it was red with ?? and VERY hard to catch so it ended up disappearing.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Hey everyone! I am in Jacksonville, FL and I just picked my team yesterday, I'm team instinct (yellow).
  • stephanie20314
    stephanie20314 Posts: 81 Member
    Central Florida, team mystic. There seems to be an even amount of players for each team in my area and the gyms are constantly flashing different colors. My immediate neighborhood has been great for getting pokemon, but no pokestops. I got a pikachu before I even got out of bed this morning!
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Suburban Saint Louis, Missouri. I am Level 10, Pokedex shows 50 caught. Have not yet chosen a team.
    Highest CP Pokemon currently is a 661 Flareon.

My favorite place to play P-Go is a small park in town with a half-mile walking trail w/ 7 evenly-spaced pokestops. It's great to stock up on pokeballs, hatch eggs and catch a couple rares in the process. And get fit. :)
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    It's fun listening to people trying to describe the game that really don't understand it.
    One of our radio guys in town was talking about it, about how parks and shopping centers are being overrun by people looking for "poke-men," and looking for places to get items you use in the game: "I don't know, guns or something."
    (You're embarrassing yourself; just stop.)
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Southwestern VA here and team Mystic. I picked mainly for the team name and because a few of my friends are on it (also the buzzfeed test confirmed my choice). My husband picked team Valor solely off of colors.

Where I live is not great for pokestops or gyms, but on the bright side there's been quite a few Eevees. Near work is better since our building is right across from a park.
  • mfost50
    mfost50 Posts: 75 Member
    I live in South Florida and I chose Team Mystic but there seems to be a lot of Team Valor in my area with a few Mystics and Instincts around. I'm only on level 7 and my starter is Charmander. And even though I mostly get the common pokemon, I like that it helped me be more accountable when it comes to walking especially so I can hatch the eggs.
  • sc0rpi0gal
    sc0rpi0gal Posts: 32 Member
    Gold Coast, Australia. Team Blue!
  • LunariusHaberdash
    LunariusHaberdash Posts: 44 Member
    edited July 2016
    Wow! Look away for a minute and the group explodes! Great to see you guys all here, and welcome to everyone from everywhere! Are you all aware of how to get the Eevee evolution you want?

You just name your Eevee Rainer, Pyro, or Sparky before you evolve it, and you'll get a Vaporeon, Flareon, and Jolteon respectively!
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    I've been lucky so far and got a Jolteon first, and a Vaporeon today. I'm going to test the new theory to see if it works when I get enough candies for Flareon.
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    I'm in Wiltshire, the south west of the UK. I've been playing a week now but this weekend the servers have been down everytime I've gone out, most people in the UK only downloaded it Thursday, I'm hoping tomorrow when I go out it might be a bit quieter.
  • ctoavs76
    ctoavs76 Posts: 30 Member
    edited July 2016
    FloraJL wrote: »
    I'm from Fairfax, VA (just outside of Washington DC).

The app hasn't worked well enough for me yet to get to join a team (yes, it's that glitchy for me so far), but my starting Pokemon is Bulbasaur.

Hi, Flora! I'm in Fairfax as well! My starting Pokemon was Squirtle and I'm Team Instinct (Yellow).
  • nemmer315
    nemmer315 Posts: 6 Member
    I'm from Wakefield, UK and chose Charmander because I always choose fire for my starter for some reason.

Joined Team Valour when I pressed the wrong button, but oh well, sticking with the fire theme.

I am desperate to find a Vulpix!
  • fitgoals23
    fitgoals23 Posts: 43 Member
    Wisconsin (between Milwaukee & Waukesha), USA. Team Mystic for life!
  • HoopingFanatic
    HoopingFanatic Posts: 11 Member
    I'm from Oxford, Maine and I'm Team Mystic. I live in the sticks, so I have to drive into town to walk and actually find anything.
  • thetenthdoctor
    thetenthdoctor Posts: 23 Member
    Hey y'all! I'm from Rhode Island, and I chose Squirtle to start, and I think I'm on Valor? The red team, anyway, haha. Love how my obsessive need to catch all these guys makes me get out and walk.

I live within walking distance of at least 6 pokestops, which is awesome!