Maybe links would help?

Options
moss11
moss11 Posts: 236 Member
Struggling a bit for some reason, looking for advice thoughts please! Weight has went up and down the same two and a half pounds for about 3 weeks. Keep thinking I am getting there and then WHAM back a day later. I recall there have been good threads on this type of thing and stalls as well. Shooting for 65% fat, 25% protein and 10% carbs! Usually a bit over on the fat and under on the others, carbs probably average under 20. Calories 1850, don't really want to go under this as I have an active job. Weigh and measure portions fastidiously. Normally when my weight goes down it fluctuates a little for a few days then stays down. Absolutely sticking to the above and wondered if maybe someone could provide links that would at least mentally convince me this is normal, should add post menopausal but really don't want to reduce calories as this way of eating is satisfying and keeps a lifetime of binging under control.

Replies

• kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Your diary is absolutely stellar! what a great job you are doing!!! Nothing stands out in terms of what you are eating. My guess is that most of this is related to water retention. Lyle McDonald has some interesting info here
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html

My first suggestion is drinking A LOT more water. you aren't showing that in your diary so I'm not sure how much you are consuming. Try drinking a LOT more for a few days. like 12-16 8 oz glasses of water instead of the recommended 8 glasses, (or a min of 3 liters). Do this for 3-4 days.

If after 3-4 days of higher water consumption you still don't see a change... A couple of options. One involves alcohol (read the McDonald article). Another would be a "carb refeed". And finally would be to really review your TDEE and confirm your calorie target. But I wouldn't do any of these others until you've done the 3-4 days of high water consumption.
  • moss11
    Options
    Thanks Kiramaniac! I had a magnum at work today, that was my first blip since starting about 7 weeks ago. But I'm right back on track with a bulletproof coffee :-). I don't record water, drink maybe 4 tumblers a day plus a half litre bottle and maybe 4 cups of tea so maybe that isn't enough. Our own water is pretty horrid and i grudge buying it but maybe I will need to consider buying more. I am really concerned about reducing calories at this stage as I had many years of bulimia and binge eating. I really am much better staying away from wheat, sugar etc. Carbs are coming from Veg, Greek yogurt, small portion nuts and cream. I am very happy eating this way and hope, because I do quite a bit of lifting and carrying that I continue lose at this level. I lost 10lbs last year calorie counting on here but did still have hunger, low blood sugar and the enevitable binging. Right just going to drink big glass water before my coffee :-).
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kiramaniac! I had a magnum at work today, that was my first blip since starting about 7 weeks ago. But I'm right back on track with a bulletproof coffee :-). I don't record water, drink maybe 4 tumblers a day plus a half litre bottle and maybe 4 cups of tea so maybe that isn't enough. Our own water is pretty horrid and i grudge buying it but maybe I will need to consider buying more. I am really concerned about reducing calories at this stage as I had many years of bulimia and binge eating. I really am much better staying away from wheat, sugar etc. Carbs are coming from Veg, Greek yogurt, small portion nuts and cream. I am very happy eating this way and hope, because I do quite a bit of lifting and carrying that I continue lose at this level. I lost 10lbs last year calorie counting on here but did still have hunger, low blood sugar and the enevitable binging. Right just going to drink big glass water before my coffee :-).

Have you considered getting an in-home filtration system? Or at least an under the sink one for drinking water? Best investment ever, let me tell you. It can be a bit of an upfront investment, but it works out to be cheaper, healthier, and with less waste than buying bottled all the time.
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I found a bottle with a built in filter. Love it! Our water at home is good, bit work isn't as nice. This definitely helps. I found it on Amazon. I think there a few options out there - mine is the brand Camelbak, and it's 750 mL. I try to drink 4-5 bottles a day. It really saves money when I travel too - hotels charge a ridiculous amount for bottled water, and the tap water is sometimes iffy.
  • moss11
    Options
    Thank you for information on water purifiers I really should look into that. I have stepped up my water intake and it certainly isn't doing any harm. :-)