Can anyone check my daily food diary please ???

Options
jameela798
jameela798 Posts: 22 Member
I need advice please ??
Can u check my food diary and tell me if I've still over eaten on fat?
My protein seems low and carbs are happily low. Can someone reassure me today is a good day or should I have had less fat. ? I can cut down on the double cream in the mornings xx thanks in advance b

Replies

• bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Agree on the salt intake. I've learned the hard way that since I'm flushing out fat with water and my kidneys still need the salt that gets lost by that, I have to almost salt everything, now. I used to have hypertension and so I was always limiting my sodium intake, and foods became too salty for me. If I feel icky, I almost always go for some sodium boost, like 1 cup of hot water with boulion (beef or chicken) to make a nice, salty broth. I've also thrown in pickle or olive juice into my salads, and even drink a shot of pickle juice on occasion :)
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    bjwoodzy wrote: »
    Agree on the salt intake. I've learned the hard way that since I'm flushing out fat with water and my kidneys still need the salt that gets lost by that, I have to almost salt everything, now. I used to have hypertension and so I was always limiting my sodium intake, and foods became too salty for me. If I feel icky, I almost always go for some sodium boost, like 1 cup of hot water with boulion (beef or chicken) to make a nice, salty broth. I've also thrown in pickle or olive juice into my salads, and even drink a shot of pickle juice on occasion :)

I'm learning this too! thanks to all the wisdom of my fellow ketoers and I'm tracking it too just so I make sure I get enough :)
  • jameela798
    Options
    Looks relatively fine to me. You could stand to bump the carbs down a bit more, and protein up a bit if you're concerned about it. Really, you should think of carbs as a ceiling you shouldn't exceed, protein as a floor you shouldn't go below, and fat making up the entirely of the room between. How big that room is, is dictated by your total calories for the day. All told, you should probably be pulling about 20g more of protein than you are, and more if you are highly active. Fortunately, since fat is so dense, you would only need to ditch about 9.5g to make that happen without adjusting carbs at all.
    If you want a quick shot of high protein with none of the other stuff to go with it, just eat a can of tuna. 100kcal, and almost all of it from protein.

You reeeaaaally need to get that sodium up though, unless you are salting stuff, and just not tracking it.

Hi thanks so much for reply to my message!
    I do add salt to everything. Himalayan salt? I just don't add it to my mfp diary.
    I do normally eat a lot more protein, in fact I think I've been eating too much, if that's possible!!

I do want to ditch more carbs so are you suggesting more protein and even less carbs?
    My calories per day are set at 1600. So I mustn't go over carbs units for the day, protein I must not really go under my target goal and fat is made up of what's remaining.

Thanks so much for ur advice.
  • jameela798
    Options
    bjwoodzy wrote: »

I do use more salt. I use Himalayan salt. On practically everything. I just don't know how to monitor it on this
    App. I have not tried boulion tbh, I've been using bovril beef. Is that not good then?
  • jameela798
    Options
    genmon00 wrote: »

I'm learning this too! thanks to all the wisdom of my fellow ketoers and I'm tracking it too just so I make sure I get enough :)

• jameela798
    Options

So how do u monitor the salt??

• LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    @jameela798
    Bovril Beef - description sounds like it is as salty as Boullion....thinking of ordering from Amazon, glad you mentioned.
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    jameela798 wrote: »

So how do u monitor the salt??

go you your macro goals settings and set it at 3000 I think that's the minimum. I'm searching for sodium tablets but if I can't find them then it's good ole bouillon cubes
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    How much fat to eat as far as the question of is this enough or too much can really only be answered by your hunger. If you didn't hit that "goal" number for the day but you aren't hungry, then don't eat. If you are not maxing out carbs and are reaching the protein and fat numbers and are doing so because you're hungry, then that me the right amount to eat. If you reach them and you're still hungry... Then either your calories are too low or your hunger isn't real hunger.

@Gallowmere1984 explanation was spot on. I really like the idea of the floor, ceiling and room... Very good way to visualize how it works that really fits perfectly.
    If your room (fat) isn't filled, and you're not hungry, then no reason to fill it. If it's filled and the floor and ceiling are good, and you're truly hungry, then your room (calories) isn't big enough. Or, like I said, it's not real hunger and just a craving or boredom or an insulin thing if you're insulin resistant or diabetic.