Bulletproof Coffee

Options
13»

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I think that first part is correct, because it triggers hunger and makes the body store fat if you're sensitive to it.

Per the website:
    4. Adding cream, milk, nut milk, sugar, or honey WRECKS the effects – The glorious effects of drinking Bulletproof® Coffee, like better brain function, increased energy, and normalized weight, can be canceled out when you add things like cream, milk, nut milk, sugar, and honey. Each of these foods changes insulin response, stops autophagy, or causes inflammation. These physiological/biochemical changes in your body lead to a foggy brain, hunger, and fat gain. No thank you.

Article: https://www.bulletproofexec.com/bulletproof-coffee-mistakes-butter-coffee-fatty-coffee-and-more/

All of those things have moderate to high carb contents except for HWC. I have to think cream was lumped in based on an assumption of higher quantities that would actually have a substantial carb amount.
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I want to try raw cocoa butter in BPC! I imagine it would be amazing!!! sxkpjpjd9b3v.jpg
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Think I will hop over to Amazon and order some while I am thinking about it!
  • closetlibrarian
    closetlibrarian Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    As an aside, some blender bases will take fit properly onto a pint canning jar, which will tolerate heat. If you can find a canning jar that fits your blender base and a cozy to put over it, that might be a solution. . . but test it with something NOT HOT first. :)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    It wasn't just about the carbs in HWC. It was about the digestive enzymes, gut bacteria that are required to break down the even small amounts of protein it has. You see, it has both a tiny bit of carbs and a tiny bit of protein. Just enough to feed the wrong gut bacteria.
    When you feed certain gut bacteria, FIAF stops, it technically ends your fast.
    vjlls5v97xac.jpeg
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    edited July 2016
    Options
    That doesn't make any sense because 1. Wouldn't a healthy person then go hypoglycemic with insulin production and such little glucose for it?
    and 2. I have type 1 diabetes, so I don't have any insulin response whatsoever.

How could you be so certain? When you're only consuming a small amount, if there is any effect on blood sugar it would be far too small to be sure.
    I mean, if 1 unit of insulin, for example brings blood glucose down by 2 points, you're talking about the difference between half units of insulin and 1 or 2 points of blood glucose and add to that an insulin resistant system, there's simply no way to be absolutely sure.
    But, in any account, she's talking about insulin response, which in a dead pancreas is totally void anyway. In a non diabetic person, the liver will just secrete glycogen to correct the tiny increase in insulin. But it does technically alter a fasted state because of all this.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    That doesn't make any sense because 1. Wouldn't a healthy person then go hypoglycemic with insulin production and such little glucose for it?

No, because of glycogen.

I'm not convinced this is a bad thing.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options

No, because of glycogen.

I added to that afterward, but. It's not saying it's a bad thing. It's just saying it ends a fasted state.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options

No, because of glycogen.

I added to that afterward, but. It's not saying it's a bad thing. It's just saying it ends a fasted state.

So let's say that in this case, BG rises an amount too small to accurately measure, an amount of insulin too small to accurately measure is produced... no glycogen would need to be released in that case. Glycogen output would only happen if BG rises an amount too small to accurately measure, and more insulin is produced than is needed to cover that tiny BG increase. But what we are really talking about is a miniscule amout of BG increase and maybe no insulin production (if it is too small for the pancreas to notice) or a very small amount to return BG. I'm not sure how you are defining "fasted state," but fat intake is going to cause a miniscule amount of BG increase as well, so I don't see much difference.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options

No, because of glycogen.

So let's say that in this case, BG rises an amount too small to accurately measure, an amount of insulin too small to accurately measure is produced... no glycogen would need to be released in that case. Glycogen output would only happen if BG rises an amount too small to accurately measure, and more insulin is produced than is needed to cover that tiny BG increase. But what we are really talking about is a miniscule amout of BG increase and maybe no insulin production (if it is too small for the pancreas to notice) or a very small amount to return BG. I'm not sure how you are defining "fasted state," but fat intake is going to cause a miniscule amount of BG increase as well, so I don't see much difference.

This isn't my definition. I'm just providing info from a source. But, I wasn't understanding it having anything to do with blood sugar or insulin, initially I only mentioned digestion. Meaning the gut bacteria that the book discusses.