After exercise what's the best foods to eat??

jameela798
jameela798 Posts: 22 Member
High Protein, carbs or fat??

Thanks.

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    It depends upon what your goals for the exercise are. Bodybuilders and powerlifters (even those who run ketogenic most of the time) are known to do mild to extreme carb-ups after their most intense lifting days.
    If you're lifting, and just in it for the added insurance against catabolism, just go with anything higher protein.
    If you're rolling cardio, and just in it for the added deficit and improved breathing, etc., eat whatever doesn't make you feel like crap and fits your macro profile.
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    The last little while...

I wake up...
    Work out (1 - 2 hours of fat burning cardio)
    Wait until lunch to eat.
    Then a big salad with lots of protein on top.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,429 Member
    I don't eat anything...I just drink a lot of water during and after. Since I watch my protein intake, I know I am getting plenty throughout the day. One thing about this WOL is you never feel starving, so I've never needed anything.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Weekdays I usually work out after I get home from work so afterward I just eat my normal keto dinner. On weekends I usually just grab an iced coffee after. I usually do running, circuit training, or strength training.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 7,009 Member
    carlsoda wrote: »
    I don't eat anything...I just drink a lot of water during and after. Since I watch my protein intake, I know I am getting plenty throughout the day. One thing about this WOL is you never feel starving, so I've never needed anything.

Me too. In fact, I really don't feel much like eating after working out, even if I was hungry before. It curbs my appetite for awhile, which is nice, as I exercise right before dinner. So I'm not compelled to take any bites or tastes while cooking. I just stay hydrated and usually drink half a concentrated ketoade about 15 min before the workout, and finish it after.
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    When I was moderate carb I needed to eat immediately after a work out. Now I don't feel that need at all. I usually just have a cup of beef broth with salt and potassium salt. At least I'm getting those electrolytes back in. If I'm low on protein I have a protein shake with unsweetened cashew milk as well.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    I always have a protein and fat snack, not necessarily huge, since I have protein and fat at every meal anyway.