Intro (again)

wolf39us
wolf39us Posts: 163 Member
So this will be my second attempt. This time with more structure and planning (which I believe was the reason for my fall out last time).

I've hit an all time high of 214.3lbs on Saturday 7/9/16 and decided I just couldn't allow myself to keep getting fatter. My attempt at keto last time had me at a loss of about 12.5lbs... didn't last long. I also wasn't working out and was severely restricting calories to about 1,200 per day.

I'm 5'9 Male so I think that might have been far too much restriction.

This time I'm between 1,600 and 1,700 calories a day and my macros are based off of Ketogains calculator.

150g Protein
110g Fat
25g Carbs

This also will include a 5x5 Keto Novice Strength Routine
http://ketogains.com/2015/09/ketogains-novice-strength-training-program-5x5/

I bought an app called "Stronglifts" to keep track of my workouts. I also purchased a gym membership to a "REAL" gym (not Planet Fitness :smiley:)

I'm hoping to see some results! It is Wednesday the 13th of July today and I'm down to 208.8lbs which I assume is water, but it's something! I'm also thinking about starting a YouTube channel to vlog my progress.

Has anyone else done this routine?

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    I'm female, and I don't lift at all (health condition restricted atm), but this sounds reasonable. Just know that in the first 4-12 weeks, you will have some muscle fails while your muscles are "rewiring the mitochondria" from using carbs/glucose to burning fats as primary fuel.

Make sure that you have plans to eat back exercise calories (at least half) if that calorie goal is set at a deficit at all.

I'm 40 years old, female, 5'4" around 260, and my daily calories at minimum deficit are 1720, with no exercise - and it jumps up further with activity... But, I eat to hunger more than calories, so some days I'm under, others I'm over, but it generally bears out to an average deficit over any 7-10 day period...

Beset of luck.
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    edited July 2016
    Yes I'm doing ketogains novice program....I'm doing it at home right now, but will be transitioning into a gym shortly. I'm 5'8 female...stalled at 205, but still losing inches and recomping....