INFO ON MFP BOARDS/FORUMS/GROUPS

Options
wwgoadie
wwgoadie Posts: 6 Member
In answer to the questions that have arisen-

Signature lines: not yet available
Editing: Up to 1 hour after posting
Searching for Groups: not yet available
Pictures: Keep in mind that pictures embedded into posts are data hogs, so for everybody's sanity, please use judiciously.

Believe it or not, there are 'community standards' here. As a group, we are held only to the community-wide list. It's pretty liveable: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Replies

• beachwoman2006
    beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Question:

I know this is a public group. Is there a way to delete a member? For instance, say someone comes in just to cause "issues" (I've seen in happen in other groups).

Can the moderator (wwgoadie) of this group boot the person or will we need to go through one of the MFP moderators, file a complaint, etc.?
  • glennowill
    glennowill Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Ahhh! So this answers some of the questions I just asked below with the moderation options. The "announcement" section acts as kind of the "stickie" I was looking for.
  • minimyzeme
    minimyzeme Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Post-stalking? So far, it doesn't look like we can readily search for someone's posts.
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,827 Member
    Options
    I believe you can search for groups.

- Click on Community in the ribbon menu.
    - Click on Groups in the submenu.
    - Under Group Options on the right side of the page, type GOAD.
  • crewahl
    Options
    It appears the only "friend" function is to invite people to join from your list of email contacts or from FaceBook. Disappointing - it means no "private" conversations. Ideas?
  • glennowill
    glennowill Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Charlie, I believe you can friend other MFP members. Just click on their names and it goes to their profile, then there is an option to add as a friend. You can then send private messages or write on his or her wall.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,542 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    You can have private discussions with your "friends". It seems to work more like email than chat. I have never used it. But I only have one friend in 9 mos of MFP usage.
  • countcurt
    countcurt Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    The search function for groups isn't 'there' yet. I may have an idea that at least gets info about the group out there. I'll keep you posted.
  • myallforjcbill
    Options
    You can search for groups. I just searched for GOAD and found a post and then the group
  • beachwoman2006
    beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Yep, I was able to find it through the search option as well. Click on Groups (at the top of the page), then on the right side of the page under Group Options, enter GOAD. That takes you to the "intro" text, click on GOAD at the top and you're there :smiley:
  • myallforjcbill
    Options
    There is also a search icon at top of the community page as well. Once you join a group it shows up at the bottom of the community listings.
  • crewahl
    Options
    It appears they have automated "the flounce". Under "options" on the Group page the only option is "Leave".

Unless this is like "The Weakest Link" . . .

This discussion has been closed.