Hi

Options
gossett331
gossett331 Posts: 88 Member
I noticed there was no intro discussion and I hope this is okay with the group. Hi my name is Melodie and I have been an off again on again myfitnesspal user for about 3 years. I have recently been diagnosed with PCOS and put on the Paleo diet by my doctor. If you don't know what Paleo means here is a rundown. Basically I can't have dairy, grains, sugar, and legumes. Everything else is fair game. I have been on this plan for almost two months and have lost 23 pounds or more (weight in day is tomorrow) I have 205 pounds left to lose. I have discovered some great recipes and stores that make sure I don't miss much of the stuff I am not allowed to have. I am learning a whole new way of cooking. I look forward to getting to know you all and I hope we can encourage and support each other in our weight loss journey. Feel free to add me as a friend and I look forward to seeing more posts.
:)

Replies

• mycoffeetherapy
    mycoffeetherapy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I did the Adkins diet when it first emerged. I lost a lot of weight fast, but gained it and lots more even faster when I slid off my diet. My goal is to eat veggies and add water to each day. I could go for a week without eating a vegetable. Breads and crunchy things are my weakness. On Pinterest there is some great stuff.... haven't attempted.... just pinned thinking...oh I should do that.
    What are some of the fun foods you have made.
    I hope you are doing well Melodie. I hope to hear from you again.
  • gossett331
    gossett331 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Best food made yet was the ice cream, it's been so hot and I live in a house with young kids. I get to watch as they eat all the fun stuff so I went looking for Paleo versions of the sweet treat. It came out pretty good. I have also made my own mayo. The one recipe eluding me is banana pancakes they never seem to come out right. I might not be losing weight fast but I am averaging out about 4lbs a week which is where my doctor wants me at, next month we are adding exercise to the stretching not really looking forward to that but you got to do what you got to do. I hope you veggie and water goal goes well. I am trying new veggies and rediscovering some old ones. Pinterest is great I found lots of wonderful recipes there.
  • FrancesLyon
    FrancesLyon Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone my name if Fran and this is my second time beginning my fitness journey. I originally joined in 2014 under a different username but now I'm back and more determined than ever. I started with the 21 day fix and of course it worked great and I lost weight quickly which I found out the hard way is not a good thing. Adding shakes instead of meals and taking pills to control your appetite just wasn't my thing. I gained all the weight I lost back plus two pounds. I did take some pointers from the program but now I went to my doctor to get some pointers and this plan is working much better for me.

As far as fun tasty and quick recipes I tried a low calorie gluten free pasta which I made a pasta salad with that turned out great and it was filling. You can add the veggies that you like and still make it a great lunch.
  • vczK2t
    vczK2t Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm Jessica. I have been on MFP for 3+ years. I am trying the Slimming World USA plan, but mostly CICO. There are no foods i will totally deny myself. I am working on listening to my body signals and doing what will help me feel the best. I don't have any human kids, i am married. My dog, Ziggy, is my child. the 2 in my avatar are my husband and my other dog, Kirby, who is at Rainbow Bridge now.