What's your favorite Paleo/Primal Snack or Treat? It can be store bought or homemade.

Options
Byronic_Ryu
Byronic_Ryu Posts: 176 Member
From the top of my head: Coco-roons for store bought (I only tried their brownie ones so far but I am in love), the chocolate almond and cinnamon "milk" at a juice cafe close by to where I intern, and homemade avocado chocolate pudding (easy and delicious).

Replies

• closetlibrarian
    closetlibrarian Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    Nuts, first and foremost. I also like the Epic beef and liver bites for something salty/meaty. Toasted coconut flakes. Mashed banana with a tbsp of coconut milk and a tbsp (or 2!) of cocoa powder (similar to the avocado pudding).
  • Byronic_Ryu
    Options
    The mashed banana with coconut milk and cocoa powder sounds delicious.
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Toasted coconut flakes are amazing. We make our own, spreading unsweetened dried coconut flakes on a baking sheet, put in oven, turn oven to 350. When our oven reaches 350, the flakes are done. It doesn't take very long!

Sometimes I dust them with cinnamon or carob for the kids, but I like them best plain.
  • Byronic_Ryu
    Options
    Do you eat the flakes by themselves or are they sprinkled on something?
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Most of the time we just snack on them plain. We've also added them to homemade trail mix.

I think I've read about using them as breakfast cereal with nut milk or coconut milk, but I could be remembering wrong.
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Prosciutto egg cups. Spray a muffin tin with coconut oil spray (or whatever you use). Put a piece of prosciutto in an muffin tin (line it with the prosciutto like a muffin wrapper). Crack an egg in it. Salt and pepper. Bake at 375 for 15-20 mins till done.
  • cmarangi
    cmarangi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yum this all sounds great. I finally found a recipe that I'm obsessed with right now for paleo snickerdoodles. The first one that actually can pass as a cookie and not leave me sad and confused.
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    cmarangi wrote: »
    Yum this all sounds great. I finally found a recipe that I'm obsessed with right now for paleo snickerdoodles. The first one that actually can pass as a cookie and not leave me sad and confused.

Ooh recipe?