I hit a plateau. How do I jump start weight loss again?

Options
Lovoya12
Lovoya12 Posts: 10 Member
I recently hit a plateau and I cannot seem to break free. I am going to try changing my workouts first. I'm going to try HIIT. Any other suggestions?

Replies

• erinseattle
    erinseattle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Read @Sunny_Bunny_ 's post called "There is no such thing as a stall."

When the scale stops moving it can be for any number of reasons and she does a great job of explaining them. Right now it's near the top of the threads.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I found that I stopped losing when I used cheese to up my fat intake. I stopped eating so much (still eat some) and weight loss started again.
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Don't know your CW or loss so far, how long have you stayed the same? Your body maybe just taking a breath getting ready for the next burst. I heard a story that weight management is like running up stairs in a high rise building. Even a fit athlete will run up several or many stories, but then need to regroup and walk or rest a few stories before the next burst. Our weight loss journey is always similar, a spurt, then a recovery period before the next spurt. If you are just as focused and sticking to your woe like normal, it's ok, just relax into it and listen to your body and let it regroup.

I've shed 85lb in 12 months and it was not an even movement by far, but in spurts and up and down. My graph looks like a heart beat in some areas which makes me feel proud only when I see the gradual downwood trend, and not focus on the stalls or gains. I could focus on the ups or stalls, but that does not truely reflect my results. It would be disheartening and I will rob myself of my accomplishments. It has taken me 12 months of learning what my head space is, and it mental stability can change within a short period of time. I don't like it when things slow down, but I know it's just a natural progress but then again love it when things start to move again. It's a long haul for me over many years as I have about 190lbs from my start to my goal weight. So I have just surcome that I'm in for many more stalls & maybe a plateau (but I haven't had one yet). If I don't have them, I will never reach my goal.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I might be crazy, but the two times during my main weight-loss phase that I plateaued, doing a modified egg fast for 2 days got things going again.