PCOS with Insulin Resistance doing LCHF - Looking for Friends!

Options
thelowcarblady
thelowcarblady Posts: 137 Member
Hello! I forgot I became a member of this group a while ago and I recently found it again!

I would love some more friends doing LCHF to share stories, recipes, success/failures, etc.

Of course you don't have to also have PCOS with IR but that's what I have and that's the reason I started down the LCHF road - more friends going through similar situation is just that much more helpful!

Anyways - thanks in advance!

Replies

• MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Welcome (back?)! I sent you a friend request. No PCOS for me, but I do have T2D.
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I sent you a request too! I'm a former PCOS'er and now TD2.
  • thelowcarblady
    thelowcarblady Posts: 137 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Yeah I'm back, I started low carb a while back on had a cheat weekend that never ended. So I'm back!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Cheats can do that. So glad you made it back!! Good luck to you!!
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I'm pcos with IR. I will send you a request. I found out I was IR in may well end of April but started may and cut out sugar wheat starchy veggies.. except when I slip and that I do
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    PCOS, IR, Hypothyroid, medically caused HPB, migraines (suspended, thank goodness), no GB, low stomach acid, all kinds of other mess along the way - I think I've actually forgotten things in the list of what's wrong with me. Anyone is welcome to friend me - just include LCHF/PCOS or whatever in the message, please.
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    ? for you Knit, what is low stomach acid?
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @genmon00

SYMPTOMS OF LOW STOMACH ACID
    Here are some of the common symptoms and disorders caused by low stomach acid1,3:

Bloating, belching, and flatulence immediately after meals
    Heartburn (often thought to be caused by too much stomach acid)
    Indigestion, diarrhea, or constipation
    Undigested food in stools
    Acne
    Rectal itching
    Chronic candida
    Hair loss in women
    Multiple food allergies
    Iron deficiency
    Weak, peeling, or cracked fingernails
    Chronic fatigue
    Adrenal fatigue
    Dry skin
    Various autoimmune diseases
    You Don’t Feel Good When You Eat Meat

Basically, your body doesn't produce enough for whatever reason and you suffer some of all of these. It's easily treatable, but can cause all kinds of problems long term like gallbladder issues/stones/disease/removal...
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and it appears to be with IR, though my PCP had said my insulin was "normal." I previously had prediabetes that I reversed doing a low carb diet and losing about 10% of my body weight. Feel free to send me a friend request!

I was going to say my usual "be sure to include a note so I know who you are" but your username gives you away. ;)
  • HoopingFanatic
    HoopingFanatic Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    T2D, fibro, lupus anticoagulant, probable lupus, IBS, etc... I sent you a request. :)
  • EmmieLee1982
    EmmieLee1982 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me! I'm just getting back on track with LC after a couple crazy weeks.