Good morning!

Options
ProCoffeenator
ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
First, thank you for the invite to the group!
Yesterday started my restart of low carb. I went for an all protein day to kickstart myself and only slipped up twice yesterday! This morning I'm down two lbs after being stalled for over a week!
I was researching last night for recipes and such and kept seeing Keto pop up everywhere. At first I though it was a fad then I started looking into it.
I'm sold!!
My macros were determined last night by your handy calculator which confused me at the end, so I went with 20%. So today I'm giving it a go. Wish me luck!
Any tips, suggestions, ideas and warmly welcomed!

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you! Cravings can be tough to overcome at first, but should disappear with determination! I've been keto for 17 months, and love it!! My mantra was that I was making the choice to do this (wonderful member here that commented to me about this and it became mine!) for my health! You can do this!

When you feel hungry eat something that's high fat. Then before long you will be able to recognize true hunger signals (versus habit, and head hunger), and have control over food choices you never dreamed of!

Again, good luck!!
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Love w carb savior a for me previously were cheesecake and sugar free jello... Are those okay for Keto?
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    First, thank you for the invite to the group!
    Yesterday started my restart of low carb. I went for an all protein day to kickstart myself and only slipped up twice yesterday! This morning I'm down two lbs after being stalled for over a week!
    I was researching last night for recipes and such and kept seeing Keto pop up everywhere. At first I though it was a fad then I started looking into it.
    I'm sold!!
    My macros were determined last night by your handy calculator which confused me at the end, so I went with 20%. So today I'm giving it a go. Wish me luck!
    Any tips, suggestions, ideas and warmly welcomed!

Wait, you went with 20% what?
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Love w carb savior a for me previously were cheesecake and sugar free jello... Are those okay for Keto?

@ProCoffeenator I make low carb crustless cheesecake things - and jello fat bombs (with either cream cheese and butter (no water) -- or with heavy cream and sour cream (WITH water) - different tastes/textures, completely ). The main thing I have to watch for is artificial sweeteners - and excess dairy (if I do MASSIVE quantities.)...but it's all relative. Those things may work for you. Just track. If they don't seem to help, cut back and try something else.
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    CRUSTLESS ALL THE FUDZ

I make egg "muffins" and egg casseroles allll the time, with sausage, ham, broccoli, peppers, onions, cheese, leftover stuff, whatever I have lying around. YUM.

But I am going to attempt a LC cheesecake using almond meal + butter for the crust. Soon.