Let's Talk Calories

Options
robingmurphy
robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
I know, I know, ETL isn't about tracking calories. I get that. But I'm curious ... when you're eating close to 100% ETL and you're eating what you want when you want within those guidelines, about how many calories do you end up eating?

Replies

• Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,916 Member
    Options
    Hi Robin... I tracked for a while when I first started ETL, and still do now and again because I'm only "mostly" ETL these days. If I'm 100% on it my calories will range anywhere between 700 and 1400 calories. Whether I have starchy carbs and what fruits (and how much fruit) I eat are the biggest variables. I'm not at all worried about being low some days. I always find it interesting that people freak out if you're under 1000 calories, but if you binge and eat 3000 they go oh well, no big deal, that will happen lol. When I'm running "mostly" ETL, I tend to range between 1200 and 1600. I try to think about the big picture, if most days I'm a bit low but I have a couple splurge dinners (or indulge in a few adult beverages on the weekend), my overall calories are going to average out to a slow and steady loss week to week.