help me figure out what's happening

Options
hookilau
hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
First off, I haven't logged my foods since first starting keto, so there's no diary to speak of. However, I eat < 30 g of carb per day and all come from leafy greens and salads. I've been eating this way exclusively for about 12 wks.

This past Tues, I got to feeling for pizza. I found a recipe that involved 1/2 cup of coconut flour and 1 cup of almond meal. This made about 13 servings, of which I had maybe 3.

Scale showed a 1# increase on wed. But I didn't really take note...wednesday I felt to try a new 'bread' recipe, it called for 2.5 cups of almond meal and .5 cup of coconut flour.

Neither one of these recipes jack ed up my bg's, so there's that...but I also saw another 1 pound increase, for a total of 2 #increase as opposed to the loss or maintenance I usually see when I maintain bg's btw 100mg/dl and 120mg/dl.

Could the coconut flour recipes have increased glucagen stores?...and if so, do I want to eat something like this before weight training?...I'm a little confused lol

Replies

• PDXHollyD
    PDXHollyD Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I think you need to start logging if you want to figure out what's going on.
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    ^^ THIS ^^
  • stefuhn33
    stefuhn33 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other posters. Nut flours also have a ton of calories. A lot of people don't have to worry much about calories on keto, but some do. Replacing greens with dense foods like almond-flour pizza will add a bunch of calories (unless you're going light on other foods).

I really would recommend tracking for a few days at least to see how your macros and calorie intake have changed.