Low carb "bread" or biscuit that DOESN'T taste like egg?

Options
2»

Replies

• hzl22
    hzl22 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Alvarado st bakery has a flaxseed bread that is pretty tasty 100 calories, 18g of Carb, 5g of fiber (so 13 net carbs) that's for TWO slices of bread
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I've adapted the fathead pizza crust to use as a kind of flatbread. I think they could be used as soft tortillas as well. The original recipe has egg in it, which I avoid, so I left it out in my adaptation: no difference. For flatbread I roll out the dough really thin (thought about buying a tortilla press) and then bake in the oven, turning them over, on two sides.
  • prbford64
    prbford64 Posts: 22 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Just made these yesterday and they're terrific! The recipe calls for eggs, but it does not taste "eggy". 2.2 net grams of carbohydrate each!
    http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2016/07/low-carb-soul-bread-sesame-rolls.html

There are a lot of variations on Soul Bread, which is the ingenious brainchild of Gloria Koch
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    My first attempt at soul bread. Not really eggy, though it didn't hold up well as real bread to being dipped in egg yolk.

lvht56qi7unf.jpg
    mx6nq7nbxkhu.jpg
    cd8ba0b44a15c10065fd-4qsls4ozfpwh.jpg
    iihjvrdc4ffz.jpg
    24461f391e20b7336331d5789078af53.r23.cf1.rackcdn.com/mfp-en.vanillaforums.com/editor/bg/7op3ktcaqaqj.jpg