I Broke McDonald's

Options
2»

Replies

• sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I find McDs to be the easiest of the fast food restaurants to order at, except in n out (here in california!) since they have the protein style and it's a common request. Around me the McDs have a 2 for $4 sausage/egg mcmuffin with cheese deal right now, which is perfect since I can give the buns to the hens when I get home.

Now, ordering anything at my college campus that isn't somehow unsafe is stupidly difficult. I just pack my own lunch and forego main dining.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I get the most unusual looks when I go to a Subway (except the local one where they know me). I order a meatball salad, lettuce and jalapenos, green peppers, onions, tomatoes, spicy mustard, and olive oil. It is basically a meatball sub, only with no bun and plenty of veggies. But as soon as I say "meatball salad," they are not sure if they heard right.

Sometimes I'm at work and too busy to go out for lunch. If I write it down and send someone else, the workers at Subway know exactly who it is for because I'm the only person ever to order a meatball salad apparently.

Thats pretty much what my husband always ordered, just because it was cheaper and he got more meatballs. In Edinburgh you can order a tub of meatballs and they let you add whatever sandwich toppings you want.

I was really surprised how adaptable the restaurants are in Scotland. I grew up in San Francisco and Seattle and everyone's used to all the fussy diets there, I wasn't expecting them to be so accomodating here in Scotland, but they never bat an eyelid over any of my weird requests or detailed food ingredient questions.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »

1. I totally forgot you were in Ohio! We need to meet up some time, I'm just up in Columbus! :)

Definitely! The only time I go north of Cincinnati is when we go to some family thing at my brother-in-law's house in Centerville.
    I may have to just take a day for myself one day. :smile:
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the idea to order a la carte @FIT_Goat! So much cheaper. Less than five bucks for dinner!

Glad you found it useful. It can be a little nerve-wracking when you first try and order this way, since it's so unusual. But, you can get big savings, especially when you really only want one of the components in a burger and not the whole thing.

That works out to the same basic price I usually pay, after converting to US dollars.
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Can i order the sausage patties individual like too?
  • Zenwenner
    Zenwenner Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hey Samantha - that looks like a Vancouver phone number and address...are you Lower Mainland BC too?
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Zenwenner wrote: »
    Hey Samantha - that looks like a Vancouver phone number and address...are you Lower Mainland BC too?

Yes! I live in Vancouver!
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    genmon00 wrote: »
    Can i order the sausage patties individual like too?

I don't see why not!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Even before Keto I ordered stuff without the bread because my surgery won't allow me to eat a burger, the bread, the fries, etc. So I would just avoid the bread. Now I don't eat fries either. I have never found a place that won't give me a sandwich without the bread. The bit about asking for al a cart is smart!
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I don't even dine out and what is dis

PS - now I'm craving a bun-less Whopper with aaaalll the fixings...even that sloppy juice created by pickle-onion-tomato-mayo swimming together!