Benefits?

Options
charlenekapf
charlenekapf Posts: 309 Member
What are the biggest benefits you noticed to eating "cleaner"? It is the only way for me to keep my calories low...even then it is a struggle for me and i have problems with overeating/binging. I have to eat bags of veggies often to help stave off hunger. I tend to still overdo it on anything calorically dense i.e nuts. I notice my skin always gets better, i feel more hydrated. also pee a ton but part of that is hormonal I think as I have very low hormones putting me in menopause pretty much at 26. Just curious what you noticed since you started this way of eating.

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I was eating alot of vegetables, but I realized I needed to add the proper amount of whole grains. I try to make sure it's not rice or GMO wheat. I usually do millet, quinoa and sometimes amaranth (I'm excited about trying Farro). I found that really helps me feel full. I also add a table spoon of chia seed (no more then 3 a day) to almost every meal. That helps alot too. Also, I eat a bowl of air popped popcorn as an after dinner snack, and fruit for dessert. That has helped me lower my calories and not over eat, and I'm clean eating.

I feel much better, have more energy, and next year when I get my blood test, I hope to see my cholesterol and triglyceride lowered.
  • Charlasek
    Charlasek Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yup, like cee said, I've not only lost weight but my blood pressure is down 20 pts, my bloodwork was better, I have more energy, and I'm handling my depression better. I can eat more volume of clean foods so I'm always satisfied!
  • pinkstarberry
    pinkstarberry Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I just feel healthier when eating cleaner, though I'm definitely not perfect and I do still like using condiments although I try to do it sparingly. I also like knowing exactly what's going into my body from eating whole foods, rather than processed and packaged stuff jammed with chemicals and too much sodium and sugar.