Aprilfoolbride
Aprilfoolbride Posts: 552 Member
fall-down-99-times-get-back-up-100?size=800

Replies

• Aprilfoolbride
    Options
    Struggling.

When my behavior doesn't match my values, it hurts.

4 years ago I started my MFP journey because I want to live long enough to see my baby grow up. I'm morbidly obese with high blood pressure & high blood sugar. Last year I gained 20lbs. My desire to lose weight & be a healthy mom-- that's my highest priority this year. And yet... I continue to regularly eat unhealthy foods and sometimes binge, have spent $2k on a personal trainer, and have been plus or minus 2lbs since Jan. I need my behavior to align with my values.
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Its not easy. I am only 9 lbs over now but have to stop eating foods i love and wine because of my stomach. I fall over and over again because i love those foods even if they make me sick.

The only reason my weight is down now is because of being sick so much. This will sound crazy but first month i was almost happy to be sick when i saw i was losing, lately as i keep losing fast i am worried. I have appt with doc tomorrow.

I was suppose to leave on week trip to visit family today. Woke up with heartburn and i ate nothing wrong yesterday except a few pieces of choc mango. Choc is a trigger food for me but i am addicted to it.

I got a few hours away felt awful called doctor and cancelled trip and came home. I have to figure this out, especially since every trip involves eating out.

Hang in there. I am going to a nutrionist next month. Maybe you could try that, or therapy, I emotionally eat at least normally.
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Marla - Hopefully the doctor can figure out what's going on! As for all the police issues, it's a combination of things. A significant part of it is the media portrayal of some of these police incidents. I would say about 1 out of every 20 they show is an actual incident of police brutality. But it's how they report it that gets everyone riled up. A lot of the issue would be the stereotyping of those who call the police. Police have to respond to calls made, and if someone calls in saying they suspect someone and saw a gun, knife, etc, the cops are on their guard. So it's the people calling in that cause part of the problem. The other part is that black peoples perform a disproportionate amount of crime. In a drastic way. Part being where they live, but a huge part being the fatherlessness that plagues them. About 75% or more of black peoples are raised without a father. And despite what our culture would have us believe, fathers are an essential part of a family's make-up. Anyway. Matt doesn't really struggle with authority causing him to be arrogant, etc. He just has incredible stress with dealing with so much suck at work and then trying not to bring that stress home. No one calls the cops when they're happy, and no one is pleased if a cop has to show up at their door...or car. It's an incredibly stressful and disheartening job that has only been made worse by all the anti-police sentiment. I could go on an even bigger rant, but I digress.

April - I've found the best way to improve my eating habits is two things. 1. Only change one small habit at a time. 2. Focus on what you can eat, not on what you can't. No food is actually "bad" or "good". Food does not have some moral value. Instead find foods that you enjoy eating that have the nutrients and basic things that you need. Focusing on more fiber, vitamins, and protein instead of spelling yourself you can't eat certain things. Having the positive focus has helped me.

My struggle has been a lack of routine which plagues me in the summer. Sat down with hubby and worked out a few issues that have been interfering with my training. He tends to be pretty lackadaisical about timing of things. Mainly, he won't feed the kids at lunch time because his schedule is so screwy, he doesn't think about it. But that spirals into a later nap time, later snack, later dinner, etc. So he's promised to try and be better about that. I'm also switching back to the mornings. Main reason, sometimes hubby is very supportive of my heading out to workout, but sometimes he wants to hang out and that creates a bit of a stumbling block for me as sitting and playing a game or watching a movie sounds better than running 5 miles. That doesn't happen in the mornings. I've written a schedule for the week, including what time I need tong onto bed each night so we both know when I'm no longer available to hang out. I have high hopes that my training will be back on track soon. Also, kids start school in two and a half weeks so that also helps establish more of a routine.

I'm off to run. Have a great day everyone!
  • Aprilfoolbride
    Options
    Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you
  • agingwithfitness
    Options
    Doctor gave me lots of ideas and I will get a few more tests.

I have not been eating any triggers and felt fine yesterday and so far today.

• valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Marla - Good! I'm. glad the doctor was helpful!

Moved my training back to the mornings and it just works better. My alarm did not go off yesterday, no idea why, so my bike ride was cut an hour short.m. it I still got 20 miles in, so that's something. I have my long run today. I'm going to try the Galloway method, which is interval running. I'm also trying a new sports drink that has more natural sugars and extra types of electrolytes. Hoping it keeps me going better than the standard Gatorade I've been using.

I'm doing a ride along today with hubby, which is always interesting.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • agingwithfitness
    Options
    Val glad mornings are working for you.

My stomach still ok but mid back pain back. I think it is from stress.

My hubby is home sick so bad he was at doctors getting antibiotics and freaking out about calling in sick when only on job two weeks. Worried they will now look at him differently.

My daughter is going through a very hard time, her and best friend had big fight over her boyfriend, they don't like each other, which ended with Julie getting her own apt, they were sharing a house.

Yesterday Julie called me crying, she was already in apt and went back to clean and said her ex best friend since teen years, she is 37, left the place trashed and a fu note. She was so hurt and mad.

None of us in family like her boyfriend either but no excuse for what she did!

Instead of seeing how he is not right for her, i think this will just make her dig in more.

So while my tummy is better from eating carefully my back is taking the stress.

Had lovely walk on beach yesterday, thats my therapy!