Carb loading

Options
jentris
jentris Posts: 30 Member
Hi,

I am racing on Sunday (1 mile open water swim as part of an Olympic relay) and I am not sure if I am more excited to race on Sunday or eat plenty of carbs today!

(I am losing weight via a low carb/high protein plan because carbs (grains/simple carbs) and my body don't play well together.)

I have my gluten free pasta all ready to go! :)

Replies

• scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to eat your most carby meal of the day today mid/late morning, I tend to go pancakes, and then something light like grilled chx and pasta for dinner. You should go to bed on the verge of being hungry.
  • jentris
    Options
    Even if I am not racing until Sunday?

I usually eat carbs 2 days prior and then the day before a mix of healthy carbs/protein exactly as you suggested - grilled chicken or fish and half a baked potato.
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Sorry. Brain fart. No what I listed was day before. 2 days out I just eat my normal meals upping my quality carbs a bit at each meal.
  • jentris
    Options
    OK, phew. That's what I am doing. Ate some GF pasta for lunch along with fruit and broccoli.

Dinner is on the fly since my son has an all star baseball game tonight but will probably grill a chicken breast when I get home.

Tomorrow is what you posted - some nice carbs for brunch time and an early, easy - clean dinner.

I have to say that eating even GF pasta mid-day and having those carbs has made me sleepy. Just not used to it as I normally have a spinach salad with chicken on top.