LTL Monday, August 1st

2»

Replies

• imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 6,175 Member
    Work related stress or working hard right on through a meal and maybe make up for it later. Not too big a problem but it does seem to effect me. The next issue for me are buffet's. No matter how hard I try to avoid them they seem to keep popping up for either work related or civic meetings or sometime just plain want to be in a hurry out with DW and we will stop by buffets.

If you use the word trigger I think the smell of food also can prompt me to want to eat more or sooner. These are all items that can be avoided or overcome which I have been able to do 95% of the time.
  • susan092907
    susan092907 Posts: 364 Member
    As I'm reading the responses here, I'm thinking - "that applies to me" and "that applies to me", and as I'm thinking about it, I'm thinking that my answer is all of the above are weak areas for me.

I think whether I react weakly, or react with strength, depends more on my state of mind, and how well I'm sticking to my determination to stay on plan and maintain my weight, than on the actual situation involved - though vacations and holidays are generally more likely to be problematic. So that's what I need to focus on, no matter what the situation is. I frequently remind myself throughout the day about how much I'm enjoying being at the weight that I am, and why it's important to me to maintain it, and that helps me a lot with my determination.

• minimyzeme
    minimyzeme Posts: 2,708 Member
    I'm sure I have many of them but the one that comes to mind is when I'm working on tedious but thought-provoking tasks. I do a lot of work from home and today was evaluating some grant applications. I found myself struggling with some of them while doing my best to be evaluating each of them (26) objectively relative to the others. Bottom line, it was time-consuming and giving me a headache.

Several times, I went for the food (sometimes the downside to working at home). Fortunately, though I did eat, I ate stuff that won't do me in--fruits, veggies and lean meats. In the old days it very well could have been cookies, candy or too many carbs of one sort or another.