Options
valmaebel
valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
l2g8omfgqd4q.jpeg

Replies

• valmaebel
    Options
    Marla - That is a lot of stress! My sister once dated a jerk. We would give our opinion when asked, but didn't force the issue and she eventually broke up with him. Her hubby of 10 years is pretty awesome so that worked out. I agree with you that her ex-friend probably made the situation worse. One can only hope that as the dust settles, your daughter will figure out things on her own.

Did a ride along with the hubby on Saturday which is always interesting. Our church had a potluck yesterday and then I helped my best friends finish moving out of their old house, and clean it, and then move some more things into their new house.

This is the last week of summer, school starts next Wednesday. Our dogs, who are 14, can't even get up without help anymore. So we are going to be taking them in to be put down this week. They have accidents constantly, and can't hardly move. It's a very sad time, as we've had the dogs for 11 years, and our kids have never been without them. But we don't want to do it during their first week of school.
    I'm also trying to finish up the last of my chores. Get our bedroom cleaned out and then I think our house will be in really good shape for the coming school year.

Have a great start to your week everyone!
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your doggies, hope you all are ok this week.

Daughter called yesterday and doing a bit better, said she is ok with seeing boyfriend only one day a week soon, looking forward to time alone. He is trying to force her to get back money from ex friend and julie doesn't want to fight over money. She makes good money on her job and even if friend took advantage she wants to move on.

I told her to decide what she wants to do and tell boyfriend to back off. I think because she hates confrontation thats why she is glad he is moving to where she will barely see him, too bad she can't see that as bad flag!

Hubby still real sick, had me go with note and talk to his job yesterday, i felt all nervous even though it wasn't my job! They were nice said everyone gets sick. But Mike is bad this is a long one not a few days. Bad cough.

I went to beach again to escape yesterday for 3 hrs even with lotion got a bit more sun, usually i am careful and don't stay as long.

i needed that slap last night ate perfect all day until after dinner kept eating milk choc chips, only was going to have a few, then kept refilling. I knew it was stress eating but couldn't stop.
  • valmaebel
    Options
    Well, hopefully that will be the start of your daughter drifting apart from her boyfriend! Hopefully your hubby gets better! I'm with you on the eating! I always do soooooo well until the end of the day and it all comes crashing down! I've taken to drinking a small glass of wine or hard apple cider or something like that. I can't chug it, have to sip, so it lasts most of the evening and thus makes it difficult to start grabbing other treats.

I'm off to go get a bike ride in at the Y. I am taking the kids to a movie this morning, and friends are coming over this evening. Will probably spend the late afternoon cleaning up the house with the kids. Then, just need to reorganize our bedroom a bit so it is more functional again and I'll be super set for the start of school!
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Hubby better enough to go back to work, might only work 1/2 day. Luckily he is part time until new store opens next week so has tomorrow off.

I am feeling better but starting to binge a bit at night, not super bad but its happening again. My stomach kept me from doing it for a few weeks but now that I am better I keep getting tempted at night.

I signed up for some classes through university here this fall, done by retired teachers from fun to serious stuff for over 50 students. I signed up for a class on Celtic traditions, meditation and happiness, and getting rid of sugar cravings. Last one is a one day class mid Sept. Hoping to meet new people and have fun!

Deciding what form of exercise I want to do today, thinking about my fav beach with a short steep hike up large rock next to it.

Was going to drive up north to Home Depot but tons of road construction this week and don't feel like going alone to be stopped over and over again! A friend said she might go with me next Tuesday.