Your Favorite Dieting Tool

Taharial
Taharial Posts: 4 Member
What do you rely on the most for helping you lose weight? It can be a person, exercise equipment, book, mantra, etc.

Personally for me, it's my food scale. I use it every single day. I strongly believe measuring food by weight is the most accurate way to make sure you aren't over-indulging or shorting yourself. 113 grams of cottage cheese instead of half a cup. 2 ounces of turkey for a serving is no problem to figure out. 15 grams instead of 2 tablespoons of cashews. It's a very inexpensive and invaluable tool.

Replies

• aCountryVegan
    aCountryVegan Posts: 23 Member
    My Vita-mix has been my best friend since I changed my eating habits 3 years ago. I use it at least once daily if not twice. You can make everything form smoothies to soup in it. It may cost a pretty penny but worth every penny. Has a 7 year warranty on the new ones and a 5 year warranty on refurbished ones. I know people that have had this blender on their counter for over 20 years.
  • seansolo27
    seansolo27 Posts: 4 Member
    For me it's going to the gym or exercising daily. It will spread to other parts of your lifestyle. For example, I started kayaking, playing volleyball, etc. Living a more active lifestyle will increase and speed up metabolism. Speeding up metabolism is key to long term sustainable weight loss.