What time is your meal of the day?

Options
charlenekapf
charlenekapf Posts: 309 Member
What time does everyone eat?? I fast as long as I can...usually eat by 2pm...it is really hard for me even with coffee and gum. i workout in the mornings which helps with the hunger. I start getting painful hunger pangs around 11:00. I get through them and stay hydrated but i start fading mentally/physically if i wait longer. i used to fast until 5 but can't seem to do it much anymore.

Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    You can. It does take one out of their comfort zone. And it's harder the further you have to go.

My meal time is currently between 12 pm and 4 pm. Seems to work out best for me.
  • caradack1985
    caradack1985 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Around 5.30/6 as during the week that gives me time to get home from work and make my dinner and it makes sense to keep it consistent. I usually get a grumble around 2, that's my "I'm going to break" time, that's when I'll drink a coke zero or something to keep me going. But that grumble goes, I don't stay hungry all afternoon.
  • Fumpydink
    Fumpydink Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I eat after 6pm, usually around 7pm. It's been a bit of trial and error for me this week as I've just started, just figuring out how I want to eat and getting a handle on pushing back the hours. I eat late because I tend to snack in the evening so it's better for me to be nice and full to prevent me from rumagging through the fridge.

Whatever you do has to work for you so don't worry too much about it. Are you eating one meal a day at two. If so, maybe that just suits you. I think this is bound to be uncomfortable at times but it shouldn't be really really painful. Once I've got used to pushing the hours back the last few days have been easier for me. I still get twinges but they are manegable, more a belly gurgle than serious hunger.

You said you used to fast till five, have you been IF-ing for a while? Are you near goal weight?
  • charlenekapf
    charlenekapf Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I used to IF years ago and lost a LOT got super lean. I ended up developing binge eating disorder though and it messed with my hunger and fullness signals when i tried to go back to eating like most people do....i never felt as good as i did with IF though so Im easing back into it, 35 lbs. heavier.
    Fumpydink wrote: »
    I eat after 6pm, usually around 7pm. It's been a bit of trial and error for me this week as I've just started, just figuring out how I want to eat and getting a handle on pushing back the hours. I eat late because I tend to snack in the evening so it's better for me to be nice and full to prevent me from rumagging through the fridge.

Whatever you do has to work for you so don't worry too much about it. Are you eating one meal a day at two. If so, maybe that just suits you. I think this is bound to be uncomfortable at times but it shouldn't be really really painful. Once I've got used to pushing the hours back the last few days have been easier for me. I still get twinges but they are manegable, more a belly gurgle than serious hunger.

You said you used to fast till five, have you been IF-ing for a while? Are you near goal weight?

• Fumpydink
    Fumpydink Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that charlene, must have been very distressing for you. Go easy on yourself, sorry did you end up with disordered eating because of the fasting or when you went back to more regular eating? Theres a really good book called "beyond chocolate", the sequel after that I found to be really helpful in terms of looking at disordered eating.

• OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    My meals are between 6-10pm. This works best for me and helps me stay full and content the entire day until my next feed time. I drink lots of water and excellent herbal teas thru-out the day to keep my stomach full and happy!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    About 6:30 to 9:30. I head to workout at 4 and hunger is all gone when I workout and for a while after.

Days I dont workout it is probably 5:30 to 9:30.

I drink glass of water before eating, then usually dink my protein drink, then try to eat salad, veg, then the regular meal which I don't have a lot of room for, then later, I will snack on fruit, and even a little junk but trying to limit that. Actually, I will snack on main meal or whatever as I please but I do try to keep the sugar intake low.
  • thebobogrind
    thebobogrind Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Between 2-5, but I think we will start eating between 4-8 as we are moving across the country and will be busy during the day's packing etc

Bobo