2500 Calorie Intake to Lose Weight?

Options
ryry_
ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
!!!General Advice/Experience from the group !!!! No skype/decapitations required

So I'm 6'4, 28, hovering around 235. Had a long post but decided to keep it simple. Was eating 2000 a day. Went from around 255 to 225. Gained around 10 back. Would like to get to around 210 at least and reassess where i'm at. Gained about 10 back but getting back on track now. I'm thinking part of the gain was diet fatigue from going lower than I needed to. Now that I'm getting back to it I'm Thinking of upping to 2500 and slowing down losses to around 1 lb a week. My activity level is below. So my questions is...

1. Mentally, 2500 seems high. Anyone had a similar intake on a cut? Please share your experiences.

Activity level is...

Monday: 45 Min Weight Traing; Run/Walk 3-4 Miles
Tuesday: Run/Walk 4 Miles
Wednesday: Same as Monday
Thursday: Softball Game
Friday: Same as Monday
Saturday: Half Hearted Yard/House Work
Sunday: Baseball Game (Most of the time pitching, sometimes only hitting)
Odds are one of the runs after lifting will get cut do either to time or just not wanting to do it that day.

***I believe the math works itself out and it should work too (I think). It is mostly a mental hurdle I'm trying to bust through. My mind is much more attracted to the Rapid Fat loss plan than the Flexible Dieting Plan.

Replies

• ryry_
    Options
    bump
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    IMO just try it and monitor results for two weeks. Adjust from there to land in the desired weight loss slot.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Can you be a bit more specific about your calories and weight loss. What was your weight, in weekly increments if you have it, over the last 12 weeks?
  • ryry_
    Options
    Last 12 weeks would be pretty useless as I have been pitifully inconsistent and overreating like mofo which has led to the weight gain. I can get you my trek down from 255 to 225? Is that what you are looking for?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'3", 208lbs, 33 years old and I am cutting on 2300-2400 a day during the week and 2400-2500 on the weekend (sometimes much more on random Saturdays). I started around 300lbs so obviously it's working for me. Your numbers seem certainly viable. As SS says, just try it. What's the worst that can happen? It's too high and you don't lose weight for a couple weeks, then you readjust as needed.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Last 12 weeks would be pretty useless as I have been pitifully inconsistent and overreating like mofo which has led to the weight gain. I can get you my trek down from 255 to 225? Is that what you are looking for?

To be honest, I would just do as Dope and SideSteel suggested. Track for 2 weeks, see what the trend is and tweak as needed.
  • ryry_
    Options
    Logic it is then
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I've lost at 2400kcal when I weighed 130lb. I'd say give it a go.