I just totally.....

Options
Binged on cashews!
Somebody take the damn bag away from me!!!!

4kq0j9vmtfss.jpeg

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Tree nuts in general can be any LCer's worst enemy, but cashews are by far the worst. I find it best to just weigh out a serving into a bowl, and put the rest back.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Oi, I hear you. Absolutely one of my favorite nuts. When I was on vacation in Virginia, I picked up a bag, and they were the saltiest cashews I'd ever eaten - which means they were utterly addicting. The bag lasted a few days, but I definitely ate them more than intended.

I can't keep more than 2 or 3 ounces of macadamia nuts in the house. I will eat them ALL.
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Yes like me yesterday, only I thought it smart to eat a bunch of chocolate too. I felt horrible this morning. Physically. Insane stomach cramps. All the more motivation to not stray from this WOE for me.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
    Ummmmmyeeeeeaaaah...that's me and cashews. Not pretty.
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I feel slightly better about it. Just admitted my cashew nom moment to the almighty food diary and as long as I stick to a zero to 5 carb limit for dinner my macros still look okay. Phew!
    And yes they were super yummy salty... I think that's why I kept eating them.
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    This was me with a slice of cheesecake yesterday :( It was complimentary after a team lunch meeting at a Italian restaurant where i managed to eat low carb but the cheesecake was like kryponite to me.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    Pecans is a good low carb option if you want something nutty :)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I love almonds and cashews. I don't even buy cashews anymore because they're evil! Ok, it's me, but I can't have them around.
    I've found that pumpkin seeds take care of the crunchy salty needs I have sometimes without needing any effort to keep the volume down. They're good, but not so good that I just can't stop within a reasonable amount.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Tree nuts in general can be any LCer's worst enemy, but cashews are by far the worst. I find it best to just weigh out a serving into a bowl, and put the rest back.

I do this too. LOL Often, I will sit down and portion out the entire bag into smaller bags that I can then just grab and go.