Garmin 920 XT HRM problem

Options
3dogsrunning
3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
edited August 2016 in Social Groups
I bought my 920XT the Christmas before last. I had to change the battery this year in the HRM.

It started acting a little wonky a few weeks before my big race, sometimes the HR didn't match what it should be, like super high HR when I was very easy (and confirmed manually that my HR was not spiked) or vice versa.
Anyway, on the day of my race I got on my bike and lo and behold, I had no HR data. It wasn't a huge issue, I made it through. I used it a time or two after an no HR data so it wasn't just an issue of not being connected that day or wearing it incorrectly. I did notice I still had all my cadence and other running info. I was confused because I thought that all came from the HRM but thought maybe I was wrong.

I got around to changing the battery today and went for a run. HR worked like a charm but I have no cadence and other run data now.

Any idea what gives?

ETA - I just realized that cadence may be confusing - I'm referring to the run data, so running cadence.

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    Options
    Disregard. I've fixed the problem.

In a totally unrelated post, do you know what happens when you put the sensor part on upside down?

:blush:
  • mleech77
    mleech77 Posts: 557 Member
    Options

In a totally unrelated post, do you know what happens when you put the sensor part on upside down?

Those pesky sensors. I was going to say I had similar issues with mine, spikes, or complete drop outs. Another recording device had no issues with the same HRM strap so Garmin replaced my 920.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    mleech77 wrote: »

Those pesky sensors. I was going to say I had similar issues with mine, spikes, or complete drop outs. Another recording device had no issues with the same HRM strap so Garmin replaced my 920.

Now I'm getting crazy HR readings. It worked fine for a bit after this. Now, before I even put it on it is reading 225. It seems halfway thorugh my workouts (both have been an hour so at about 30 minutes), it kicks in and gets a real reading. But then it drops out. I emailed Garmin.
  • mleech77
    mleech77 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Good luck. They are pretty responsive and helpful, usually at least offering a discount on a new one.