Question about fasting before a big event

Options
Hello! I am new to IF - starting today - 16:8 - My fasting window is from 8pm - 12pm. I feel like this will be easy for me as I've never been a huge morning eater - I eat because I'm supposed to. I've been reading other threads about fasting before a big food event, and I love that idea - but I have a concern. I've found in the past when I'm hungry, I go nuts and binge on foods. Will this behavior fade as I grow more accustomed to fasting? So many of the "eating rules" I've been following are to never allow myself to get too hungry as I then make bad choices.

A little about me - I'm 39, was overweight from early 20's until about 6 years ago - I joined WW, started exercising regularly, lost about 30+ pounds, and was able to maintain a healthy weight until recently. I have developed plantar fasciitis in the last 4-5 months and have also moved with my family to a different state. These two factors together have caused me to put 20 lbs back on. I'm currently doing some things to help alleviate the PF and hope to be back to exercising (the way I want to) in the next 6 weeks.

Any thoughts/advice are appreciated!

Replies

• aliblain
    aliblain Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I only started a week ago and I already see a big difference in my hunger levels. I'm finding it much easier to do the fast and I'm not finding it difficult to stick to my calories during the feeding phase. I have about 30lb to lose to be at the weight I was when I got married 5 years ago. Two babies and lots of evening snacking has taken its toll. I tend to eat 11am-7pm which prevents the late night snacking! Good luck. :)
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I say yes, it does fade. I find that during a big event (wedding showers, weddings etc) I'm going to binge no matter what, so fasting before hand helps me because I eat less calories that way. Also, I find that I'm only hungry, once I eat. It's weird. But, if I don't eat breakfast, I'm usually good until noon or later.
  • cdebracy
    cdebracy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Like you I'll be fine until I start eating. Had a problem with late night snacking I think I've finally got a handle on.

Start bingeing on protein and fat first, then be bad with carbs. That may help you from over-doing it.