I can't handle the bloating anymore

Options

Replies

• anewlifeat40
    anewlifeat40 Posts: 179 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    My SIL is a traditional chinese medicine doctor and she did a customized plan each for me, the hubs, and my son (who has tons of allergies and asthma) using our saliva samples and our history (long questionnaire). It was HARD, but I didn't cheat once on her regime of diet and supplements (she'll work around any dietary restrictions, such as keto) and it was totally worth it. If you want her contact info she's in vancouver, bc but works with people long distance via email/mail/phone. Her speciality is allergies, so it was perfect for us. She's not cheap, but I highly recommend her. PM me if you're interested in hearing more...
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    My doctor was concerned/surprised at the high dosage probiotics I was given that I didn't have more die-off misery.

Uh-oh ...
    "Die-off misery" ??

@RalfLott - die off of bad gut bacteria. It can feel really terrible, like you have the worst stomach bug ever, complete with ... bathroom drama... Because all those thousands times more of bad bacteria start screaming for more sugar and crap to feed them, making you have temporary but mad carb cravings and feeling like total dung. Then, as they actually die, they release toxins making you feel even worse...

bodywisdomnutrition.com/what-is-a-die-off-reaction/

thecandidadiet.com/candida-die-off.htm

scdlifestyle.com/2012/06/5-die-off-myths-everyone-needs-to-know-about/
  • anewlifeat40
    Options
    I just emailed my SIL and asked her too. Don't know why I didn't think of that before. LOL Too obvious???
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Thanks, @KnitOrMiss. Fortunately, it looks like I may have dodged that particular plague this time 'round.

• Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    ACV with the mother

What is this?

• suzqtme
    suzqtme Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Apple cider vinegar. Bragg is one brand that has "mother" which is strands of proteins, enzymes and friendly bacteria that give the product a murky, cobweb-like appearance. If your ACV is clear, then it is filter and pasteurized. This is considered much healthier.
  • anewlifeat40
    Options
    suzqtme wrote: »
    Apple cider vinegar. Bragg is one brand that has "mother" which is strands of proteins, enzymes and friendly bacteria that give the product a murky, cobweb-like appearance. If your ACV is clear, then it is filter and pasteurized. This is considered much healthier.

That's the one I use...
  • ceceblackstock327
    ceceblackstock327 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I used to get really bloated with a lot of indigestion and heartburn when I first started. Especially when I would have BP coffee. I started taking an enzyme to help me produce more bile to help digest all the fats I was eating. Worked well for me! Took them for maybe a month and a half, and i find I don't really need them anymore!
  • anewlifeat40
    Options
    I have yet to try BPC... it just doesn't appeal to me... maybe in the winter when I need something more warming, but right now I prefer to eat my fat.
  • anewlifeat40
    Options
    I have yet to try BPC... it just doesn't appeal to me... maybe in the winter when I need something more warming, but right now I prefer to eat my fat.

That sounds self-consuming, but maybe it's just responsible recycling......
    Took me a minute... LOL
  • yuggybuggy
    yuggybuggy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    hi, anewlifeat40
    I just wanted to add I found my body cannot deal with the fat levels expected on a very low carb diet (and no I wasn't eating to excess at all)
    it gives me a permanent upset stomach and tummy issues

also I find if I eat too much of foods with soluble fibre eg. bean flours, - I have the opposite issue and major bloating and discomfort

I do have ibs and crohns issues
    but thought I would just put that out there

strangely when I ate lots of fat in junk food my body handled it better
    but 'healthy' fats can seriously 'mess' me up
  • carine0502
    carine0502 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi
    another aspect is the supplement in magnesium which is very well known for messing things up too (it was the case with me anyway, but I'm kind of fragile).

Maybe try to get your magnesium from natural sources rather than pills?
  • Kellykk23
    Kellykk23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please no sodas at all...sodas are one of the main causes of IBS in the US and it will take quite a bit of time to resolve IBS symptoms. Braggs AVC is wonderful stuff...1 or 2 tablespoons of AVC in a glass of water has always helped with feelings of a sour tummy.
    Are you drinking enough water? Feeling dehydrated is awful....try fresh lemon or lime juice in your water and unsweet tea.
    Also a tablespoon of unrefined coconut oil a day can promote many healing benefits!
    Hope you feel better soon :)
  • suzqtme
    Options
    @suzqtme I do the ACV pill now for convenience at the suggestion of my doctor, and here are the enzymes I switched to for my nausea/indigestion/digestion probs. The second enzyme was what I started with but couldn't find a level balance - so now I just use it if the "super enzyme" needs a boost (like a higher than normal carb meal - or sometimes still with raw veggies, etc.)...

ACV Pills

Super Enzymes

Extra Boost Enzyme

I do one pill of the ACV and one pill of the Super Enzymes with each meal. It has made things so much better. I'm still playing around with which probiotic I like, but I've also added Diatomaceous Earth to my daily routine... It's ... leveled out my digestive drama, particularly in the restroom...

Thanks so much for the info. I'm checking into the enzymes.
  • suzqtme
    Options
    One of the best ways to get magnesium without any intestinal issues is to soak in Epsom salts. A cup in your bath and a half hour soak. The magnesium is absorbed through the skin bypassing the GI tract. Just an FYI. :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    @suzqtme - I have run into some research that shows that some people will do better using bitters, but I don't have a gallbladder, so I'm not one of those people... I think, in fact, that part of the reason I had gallstones and such in the first place is that I've likely always had low levels of stomach acid.... So be sure to do some research. Let me know if you need article links.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Cyndi146 wrote: »
    ACV with the mother

What is this?

@Cyndi146 - To my understanding, someone above explained it great, but I've been told that the ACV without the mother tastes terrible. The one with the mother is Organic (well, Braggs is), and a large 32 oz bottle (64 TBSP) is $5 for me locally, maybe $7-$8 online...and doesn't taste that bad when diluted in water and combined with lemon or lime just keto-ade....
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    One of the best ways to get magnesium without any intestinal issues is to soak in Epsom salts. A cup in your bath and a half hour soak. The magnesium is absorbed through the skin bypassing the GI tract. Just an FYI. :)

Hmm. What other nutrients can be absorbed through the skin.. any suggestions?
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options

Hmm. What other nutrients can be absorbed through the skin.. any suggestions?

@RalfLott - as far as I know, any of them in the right formula can be absorbed that way. Coconut oil can be absorbed through the skin, though less effectively. Many liquid forms of meds are abound....some are sublingual, some are just a swallowed med, some can be blended. I don't know of any reason why some can't be absorbed in the skin. It's part of why folks are using essential oils a lot more now as people are studying and understanding them more fully.