August LC Basics Challenge Week 2 (8/8-8/14)

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
Obligatory challenge blurb:
baconslave wrote: »
Welcome to the August LC Basics Bootcamp!
At the request of the Challenge members, and since no one else has mentioned anything else :lol:, here we go again!

One key thing that I have learned in my journey is this:
Consistency + Persistence + Time = Success

Consistently nailing the basics is so important. And consistency creates good habits, routines, and gives you momentum that will carry you through hard times or disruptions to your normal schedule. Forget motivation. Motivation is a fickle thing. Discipline carries you through when motivation fails you.

So what are the basics?
Well, hitting your carb goal, obviously, right? There are other very important other basics. Staying hydrated, keeping electrolytes up, logging consistently (if you're a logger), exercise (if that's one of your goals), hitting your macros, staying away from trigger foods and other things you know set you back...

You can report your progress to your goal, whether it be ultra-obsessive daily hitting your low-carb plan basics, or working on a fitness goal, or even nailing down other good habits in your life. And if you have problems or need advice, you'll find that here.

Each week there will be a thread to collect your progress that week and to interact with other challengers.
I'll keep links to the weekly threads at the bottom of the stickied post should the thread get buried. 2 clicks, to this post and the Weekly link, will get you back to it.

So go ahead and post your goals in this Thread.
My daily post would look something like this.
SW: 159.6
CW: 159.6

Wed 8/1:
Logged: :+1:
Water: :+1:
Electrolytes: :+1:
Calorie Goal: :+1:
Carb Goal: :+1:
Exercise: HIIT :+1:
Prelogged next day: :+1:
No booze!: :+1:
8/8

But this is your show. So focus on your basics.

Make this month count! Tear it up!:+1:

Week 2 in tha hizzzzzouse!
Own this week. :wink:

Replies

• slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    bwyyowtd48b6.jpg
    BIO.jpg 19.7K
  • PatsyFitzpatrick
    PatsyFitzpatrick Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    slimzandra wrote: »
    bwyyowtd48b6.jpg

This
  • skaville1976
    skaville1976 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Good start to the week (cycled to work and back, salad for lunch) and I only had one of those lovely biscuits that a colleague brought back from their Italian holiday.
  • GlitterRayne
    GlitterRayne Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Going to Zumba today. Looking forward to it. I have so much energy lately!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Keto SW: 216.8
    August SW: 204.4
    CW: 202

I've had a weird start...cracked femoral neck and enter crutches. Sore underarms, back, hands and arms. No more swimming at the beach this year! :'(
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Regrouping this week. Staying close to home and re-evaluating a whole lotta stuff. Doing my decluttering - finally seeing some beginning results. The whole rest of it can just be on hold, whilst I ponder.
    Keto or bust.
  • co_lau
    co_lau Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've had a weird start...cracked femoral neck and enter crutches. Sore underarms, back, hands and arms. No more swimming at the beach this year! :'(

@SuperCarLori Unsolicited suggestion: Wrap your hand grips in bicycle tape. It offers additional padding and relief for your hands and arms.

ALSO. A bicycle bottle cage can be attached to crutches - these bottle cages allow you to transport a water bottle, or a coffee to-go cup.

(my beloved partner is spending 18 weeks on crutches. We are only at week 6....)

• SuperCarLori
    Options
    co_lau wrote: »

@SuperCarLori Unsolicited suggestion: Wrap your hand grips in bicycle tape. It offers additional padding and relief for your hands and arms.

ALSO. A bicycle bottle cage can be attached to crutches - these bottle cages allow you to transport a water bottle, or a coffee to-go cup.

(my beloved partner is spending 18 weeks on crutches. We are only at week 6....)

Oh.my...GOSH THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
  • jewels1nc
    jewels1nc Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    SW: 191.6
    CW: 191.4

Mon 8/8:
    Carb Goal: :+1:
    Exercise: HIIT :+1:
    No sweets!: :+1:
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Still on the road. I've mostly done well but the past 2 days I've indulged in some carbage. I'm probably a bit over on calories and probably 100 or so gm carbs per day. So not crazy, but higher than I'd like. A little scared to step on the scale when I get home after two weeks of travel, restaurants, etc.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    And I did work out today, so yay.
  • option3girl
    option3girl Posts: 166 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    SW 234.4
    CW 228 (-6.4)

Ok, I've tried to save a longer post twice this morning, but it keeps cutting it off...will post later.
  • jmd543
    jmd543 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Aug 7:
    +2.5/-21.4#
    Carbs 21%
    Sugar 22g

Tried just ground beef with marinara over the weekend then added 2oz. pasta to leftovers yesterday and glad I did, because I felt sick and hope the memory sticks so I no longer want any.
  • suzqtme
    suzqtme Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    SW 243.8
    CW 219.4
    GW 130-135 :o

Goals for this month are: :)
    Take my daily vitamins: :)
    Up my H2O to 100 oz/day: :)
    Discipline to combat eating triggers: :)
    Carbs <20%: :)
    Exercise 30 min walking 30 min 5x/wk: :(
    Find a new social activity: :D

Not much weight loss this week so did a five day fat fast until I was in good, solid ketosis (moderate). However, I did take my vitamins, increase my water, exercised discipline for five days of fat fasting, kept my carbs under 20%. I did walk but not the five days in the last week, sigh. And I got my DH to agree to 7 weeks of ballroom dancing through our local rec department. That doesn't start until January but getting a yes was awesome!!

Jssteverson: How do you get the thumbs up on your posting? Thanks!
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @suzqtme - thumbs up is written as ": +1 :" with no spaces, no quotes.

Electrolytes: :+1:
    Calorie Goal: :-1:
    Carb Goal: :-1:
    Exercise: :neutral: some fast walking 20 mins.
    No booze!: :-1: Darn. I had a streak going.. blew it last night.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    to get the thumbs up put the following things in quotation marks between two sets of colons instead:
    "+1"

Edit: I'm pretty sure my computer is drunk... When I posted @slimzandra 's post wasn't there. Oh well.
  • kfat1
    kfat1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    So far so good this week. Having a hard time with my appetite, just not hungry. Have a nasty taste in my mouth, like metal. My water (bleh) intake is improving.
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    I've been having a rough time with snacking at night lately....it's not hunger,it's just wanting to put food in my mouth and eat it, is the best way I can describe it. Is that habit? I'm Thinking maybe make a quart of broth and sip on that?
  • option3girl
    option3girl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Ok, trying again to post my stats:

Cal <1410