Plateau and depression

Veggie_mama
Veggie_mama Posts: 77 Member
I have been a member of MFP for about 2.5 years and have done well and not-so-well throughout that time. I have cut meat from my diet and lost more weight after a plateau, roughly 7 lbs. Before that, I had lost 30+ lbs and then plateaued for 3 months. Now, guess what? Plateaued again. Feeling down about putting in work and not really seeing results from it. I run 2-3 days a week and keep my calories at under 1600 daily.

Replies

• WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    That is so frustrating. I don't know what the answer is, either.
  • julie2038
    julie2038 Posts: 142 Member
    Working through a plateau now too. I have 10 pounds to get to normal BMI. I have lost 70 pounds since June 2015. I was starting to get upset, but I have to tell myself this is a new lifestyle for me. I have read some threads on working through plateaus. I have busted out my food scale again and am changing some exercise. Either way I have to stick with this. Overall I feel so much better. Good luck.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    I've been here since 2011. I've been through it all and starting again after losing 100 lbs then gaining it back, than starting it again (30 lbs gone so far). Eating healthy and being around maintenance will matter. The hard part is being close to goal weight or maintaining goal weight. Stay in there. Know that you are being healthy.
  • Veggie_mama
    Veggie_mama Posts: 77 Member
    Thank you for your input. I'm constantly yo-yoing and I'm not eating badly. I know water, hormonal cycle and everything makes a difference, but it's just so disheartening. I'm back into it and just need to somehow squeeze in a workout at least 3x a week with work, a 5 year old and (although married) by all intents and purposes, a single mom.