Welcome and Introductions

Options
2»

Replies

• LepperMessiah1
    LepperMessiah1 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    360rumors wrote: »
    Hi guys. I was inspired to lose weight by leppermessiah's post. I use Thrill of the Fight for exercise. I'm hoping to learn the right way to use it to lose weight (heart rate, duration, etc.). I'm at 180 and want to come down to 160 and maintain it.

Best regards,
    Mic

Welcome to the group, Mic.

One of the things I like about Thrill of the Fight is that the 'Fight' vs 'Rest' cycles felt really well timed. Whether you knock your opponent down, or you get knocked down, you get a good 15 second (?) break from the action. The way I played it was just cycling through each opponent (including the trainer) as many times as possible for 20 minutes before switching to the next game.

Sounds like we have very similar goals and I'm sure you'll get there.
  • mantis4334
    mantis4334 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    mantis4334 wrote: »
    Hi all, amazing idea using VR to lose weight. Im only looking to drop 20lbs or so. Anyone tested GORN as far as calorie burn?

Hello and welcome! :)

I played Gorn for about 10 minutes... my laughter definitely had my abdominals burning, so that had to burn some calories, right? ;)

I would definitely suggest trying Sword Master VR.

Will do, thanks!
  • r00tuzr
    r00tuzr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    For Tracking my fitness what apps do you guys recommend using a apple watch?
  • mcoppola07
    mcoppola07 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I use a Fitbit Charge 2 to track my workouts. It tracks heart rate, calories burned, steps taken and so on.
  • roethelbc
    roethelbc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I accidentally stumbled upon this thread when looking up what some people are doing with VR. I am a HTC Vive user and I use to work out all the time. However, as many of you might know, life gets in the way. So when I saw that people are losing weight with VR, mind=blown. I am around 215 to 220 and I am hoping to be around 180 to 190. I will get accurate weight and whatnot as soon as I buy a scale. It's very nice to meet you all, I plan to do regular updates on games and whatnot.