Stop following the programme?

Options
paulbrttn
paulbrttn Posts: 72 Member
So did w5r3 tonight, and after much trepidation, found it easy to run the 20 mins and feel I could have easily gone for 25 mins, possibly 30.
The app now allows 4 weeks to getting to the point of running 30 mins. Though I feel it would be possible and safe to do it in 5 more runs, doing 22, 24, 26, 28 and 30 mins over the next week and a half.
Does anyone have opinions on dropping the apps progression and just listening to your body?

Replies

• rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I thought it was weird dropping down to shorter runs after the 20 minute one as well, and considered skipping week 6. I ultimately decided to stick with the program. It got me farther than I ever thought I would get, so I'll just trust it for the last few weeks. I'm starting week 8 this week :)

At the end of the day, you know yourself best, so do what works for you.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    paulbrttn wrote: »
    So did w5r3 tonight, and after much trepidation, found it easy to run the 20 mins and feel I could have easily gone for 25 mins, possibly 30.
    The app now allows 4 weeks to getting to the point of running 30 mins. Though I feel it would be possible and safe to do it in 5 more runs, doing 22, 24, 26, 28 and 30 mins over the next week and a half.
    Does anyone have opinions on dropping the apps progression and just listening to your body?

Do it. Try 22 mins next and see how you get on. Or just jump a week on the plan?
  • paulbrttn
    paulbrttn Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Skipped it all. Have managed 30 minute 5kms for the last 2 runs and starting 10k training next week after signing up for a charity run in November.