What have you made in your pressure cooker?

Options

Replies

• dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much @crazyravr ! I will give your recipe a try.
  • dklibert
    Options
    I have two recipes for you to try in your pressure cooker. Both were so good. The first is a Chicken Biryani. https://twosleevers.com/2017/03/pressure-cooker-chicken-biryani/ It was so spicy good. It had some heat just using 1 jalapeno. But so much of the flavor comes from the whole spices. I will definitely make this again.

The second recipe was Crispy Chicken for a Banh Mi Bowl. It was amazing! I even saved the leftover braising liquid. I had to substitute equal parts lemon zest and ginger for the lemongrass. I will try it with lemongrass when I find it but it was so good with the lemon and ginger. This dish would be great for meal prep. The chicken would be great on salad, wraps, sandwiches, just anything. Will keep making this one over and over. littlespicejar.com/chicken-banh-mi-bowls/
  • dklibert
    Options
    I have kept the pickled veggies in a mason jar. I will warn you the daikon is pretty pungent smelling. But tasty! Honestly the chicken is the best part. So good! Even my sister who HATES leftover chicken loved it the next day. So much flavor.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    nv7fen77852v.jpg
    dklibert wrote: »
    I have kept the pickled veggies in a mason jar. I will warn you the daikon is pretty pungent smelling. But tasty! Honestly the chicken is the best part. So good! Even my sister who HATES leftover chicken loved it the next day. So much flavor.

This came out amazing. Used chicken breasts I had frozen straight into the instant pot. High on 15 minutes. Then a serving under broiler until crispy. Loved it!!!! I will post a pick shortly.

That's too much work for me, man, lol.
  • dklibert
    Options
    Oh wow what a great picture! Looks so good. I am so glad you enjoyed it. I wondered if it would work with frozen chicken. I am so glad it does. Thanks for trying it for us. ;)
  • dklibert
    Options
    Used my pressure cooker to make quinoa for this week's lunches. Didn't save any time really but was set it and forget it. 1 part quinoa rinsed and drained, 1 part chicken broth, High pressure 1 minute, natural pressure release. Worked really well and was nice and fluffy.
    thecreativebite.com/easiest-fluffy-quinoa-recipe-pressure-cooker/

I also cooked dry chickpeas to make hummus. 2 cups chickpea, 3 cups water, bean button for 40 minutes, natural pressure release. This I thought might be a fail because they did not look like canned chickpeas. But they made a beautiful hummus. I ended up with over 6 cups of hummus, enough to share with my mom and sister for all our snacks this week. thriftylittlemom.com/2017/02/20/easy-homemade-instant-pot-hummus-recipe/
  • dklibert
    Options
    Indian food is so great in the instant pot. Lots of people out there developing Indian recipes for pressure cookers. Two Sleevers is releasing a cookbook sometime soon. https://twosleevers.com/
  • dklibert
    Options
    Sounds delicious! I love it for eggs. I too have made soy sauce eggs they are addictive.
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    My first rib attempt. Rubbed them with Weber’s Coffee Rub and used one can of Miller 64 for the liquid.
    Meat setting for 27 minutes. Then natural release for 10 minutes. My husband grilled them basting with a Guy Fieri bbq sauce. So easy. So quick. Tender. My new way to prep ribs! I can do two racks in the 8qt Duo instant pot.
  • dklibert
    Options
    Yum! That combo of spice, liquid and sauce sounds amazing.
  • Lynzdee18
    Options
    It was soooo good.....
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Tonight - Meatloaf. I have no idea why I am craving it, but I can't wait!!!
  • dklibert
    Options
    I have not tried meatloaf. Do you mind sharing a recipe or how you do it?
  • madwells1
    Options

I will share, but you may have to adapt a few things as I am very much a 'wing it' kind of cook!! Plus, I am paleo, so I don't add grains or sugar. I have put asterisks and alternatives below for non-paleo people.

Meatloaf mixture

1 lb GF ground beef
    1 lb GF ground pork
    2.5 oz chopped onion
    3 cups chopped fresh spinach
    3 cloves chopped garlic
    3 eggs
    1 TBSP tomato paste
    *1/4 cup tapioca flour or almond flour* (use panko if you are non-paleo, about .5 cup)
    1 tsp paprika
    1 tsp chili powder
    1 TBSP worschestersire sauce
    1 TBSP stone ground mustard
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp pepper

Sauce (this is random and to my taste--experiment away here!) Taste as you make it!

In a small bowl combine:

Sugar free tomato sauce (small can)
    1/2 cup Sugar free bbq sauce
    squirt of sriracha
    salt
    pepper
    onion powder
    garlic powder

Directions

Put trivet in instant pot
    Pour 2 cups water (or broth) into bottom of pot

For the meatloaf mixture, mix all ingredients with hands until everything is incorporated.

In a steamer tray that fits inside the instant pot, line with tinfoil. You can poke random holes in
    the tinfoil if you want the juices to drain but I don't as I think they help the flavor and can be
    drained later from the tinfoil.

Form meatloaf mixture into tight shape and put into tinfoiled steamer tray.

Cover the meatloaf mixture with some sauce (leave some extra for later if you want to broil the top afterwards or if you want to serve it on the side). Place steamer with sauced meatloaf onto trivet.

Use the meat setting on instant pot (35 minutes). Quick release. Once done, check that internal is 160.

Remove, cover with remaining sauce and put under broiler for a few minutes to caramelize. Serve with any remaining sauce.

Note that I cut mine too early (should have let it rest a bit) so it fell apart (probably because I used tapioca flour as my binder) but I was SOO hungry that this is the best picture that you will get as I had to get some in my tummy! Also note that I drained all the seaping juices from the plate to make it look slightly better--definitely wasn't dry.

3hvi9gia4zij.jpg
  • dklibert
    Options
    This is awesome! I had no idea where to begin and the fact that it is sugar free is a plus. I have been trying the zero sugar plan. Thank you so much! It sounds and looks delicious.
  • Francl27
    Options
    madwells1 wrote: »

I will share, but you may have to adapt a few things as I am very much a 'wing it' kind of cook!! Plus, I am paleo, so I don't add grains or sugar. I have put asterisks and alternatives below for non-paleo people.

Meatloaf mixture

1 lb GF ground beef
    1 lb GF ground pork
    2.5 oz chopped onion
    3 cloves chopped garlic
    3 eggs
    1 TBSP tomato paste
    *1/4 cup tapioca flour or almond flour* (use panko if you are non-paleo, about .5 cup)
    1 tsp paprika
    1 tsp chili powder
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp pepper

Sauce (this is random and to my taste--experiment away here!) Taste as you make it!

In a small bowl combine:

squirt of sriracha
    salt
    pepper
    onion powder
    garlic powder

Directions

For the meatloaf mixture, mix all ingredients with hands until everything is incorporated.

In a steamer tray that fits inside the instant pot, line with tinfoil. You can poke random holes in
    the tinfoil if you want the juices to drain but I don't as I think they help the flavor and can be

Cover the meatloaf mixture with some sauce (leave some extra for later if you want to broil the top afterwards or if you want to serve it on the side). Place steamer with sauced meatloaf onto trivet.

Use the meat setting on instant pot (35 minutes). Quick release. Once done, check that internal is 160.

Remove, cover with remaining sauce and put under broiler for a few minutes to caramelize. Serve with any remaining sauce.

Note that I cut mine too early (should have let it rest a bit) so it fell apart (probably because I used tapioca flour as my binder) but I was SOO hungry that this is the best picture that you will get as I had to get some in my tummy! Also note that I drained all the seaping juices from the plate to make it look slightly better--definitely wasn't dry.

3hvi9gia4zij.jpg

This is great BUT some things should not be made in this. Meatloaf is one. You can bake one and have the proper crust etc. which instant pot wont do.

I'm with you. Not sure why people have to use the IP for everything.

Made this yesterday

https://www.adventuresofanurse.com/2016/12/29/paneras-copycat-broccoli-cheddar-instant-pot-soup/

It's tasty. Not sure why I end up having some weird texture issue with it though, like cheese or milk curdling during the last part?
  • madwells1
    edited October 2017
    Options
    :( Don't be haters!!!
  • Lynzdee18
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Meatloaf mixture

1 lb GF ground beef
    1 lb GF ground pork
    2.5 oz chopped onion
    3 cloves chopped garlic
    3 eggs
    1 TBSP tomato paste
    1 tsp paprika
    1 tsp chili powder
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp pepper

In a small bowl combine:

squirt of sriracha
    salt
    pepper
    onion powder
    garlic powder

Directions

3hvi9gia4zij.jpg

This is great BUT some things should not be made in this. Meatloaf is one. You can bake one and have the proper crust etc. which instant pot wont do.

I'm with you. Not sure why people have to use the IP for everything.

Made this yesterday

https://www.adventuresofanurse.com/2016/12/29/paneras-copycat-broccoli-cheddar-instant-pot-soup/

It's tasty. Not sure why I end up having some weird texture issue with it though, like cheese or milk curdling during the last part?

If you use evaporated milk, I use fat free, you don’t get curdling.....

I am living my Instant Pot because it allows long cooking foods to be finished quickly and with less loss of nutrients.

Each to their own though......
  • madwells1
    Options
    Previous night goat curry.

So hard to find goat curry...I hope it was good because it looks amazing!
  • Francl27
    Options
    Previous night goat curry.

So hard to find goat curry...I hope it was good because it looks amazing!

I had to get pissed at myself to stop eating it after it was done. And then again when I made sure to portion and freeze this. Thats how good it was. Dead simple to make too and goat meat is sooooooooo cheap.

Can't even find it here, lol.