Major fruit cravings

Options
cimarrona27
cimarrona27 Posts: 97 Member
Anyone have a low carb sugestion? I want it all... Especially the cantaloupe in my kitchen. Lol.

Replies

• anewlifeat40
    anewlifeat40 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Ah, man... This was me a couple weeks ago... My husband counted 8 different kinds of fruit I had purchased over the course of a week and told me to STOP because there's no way he could eat it all himself. We froze a lot of it for him to have in smoothies, but I didn't realize I was buying so much fruit for him (I wasn't eating it) till he pointed it out... HAHAHA! Blackberries are one of the lowest fruits in carbs, a handful won't set you back too much...
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I eat 1/2 cup of blackberries everyday as a snack. Raspberries and strawberries are good too. And blueberries. I occasionally have half of a granny smith apple as a side dish with chicken. For a very special treat I will have mixed berries with fresh whipped cream. That way u control the amount of sugar. It's minimal.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    All of the edible aggregate fruits are doable to at least some degree (blackberries, raspberries, dewberries, strawberries). Though, I have always found it odd that the fruits usually referred to as berries aren't really berries, while things like bananas, tomatoes, and watermelon are technically berries.
  • cimarrona27
    cimarrona27 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I will definitely try these. I recently bought a food scale so that should keep my portions on target.
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    All of the edible aggregate fruits are doable to at least some degree (blackberries, raspberries, dewberries, strawberries). Though, I have always found it odd that the fruits usually referred to as berries aren't really berries, while things like bananas, tomatoes, and watermelon are technically berries.

Mind blown. I'll have to look this up to figure out what you're talking about lol!