The ship has sunk :(

Options
beachwoman2006
beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
Well, for the first time, I got the following when I tried to login on the WW site:
The Weight Watchers Community site is no longer available. Please go here to learn more about the changes!

If you are currently a subscriber, please click here to log in.

Warmly,
The team at Weight Watchers

Replies

• myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,552 Member
    Options
    How will we survive?
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    I can still get in, although not much reason to. WW likes me more than you Cindy...... B)
  • Philtex
    Options
    "Warmly", really?
  • countcurt
    countcurt Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Philtex wrote: »
    "Warmly", really?

Well, it is an Oprah enterprise, after all. What would you have expected?
  • 0ysterboy
    0ysterboy Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Can't see Oprah writing:

Up yours,
    The team at Weight Watchers
  • beachwoman2006
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I can still get in, although not much reason to. WW likes me more than you Cindy...... B)

You're still probably paying for something online. They'll continue to like you more than me as long as you're paying :)
  • Philtex
    Options
    Actually, WW never got a dime from me. I started with meetings at work which the company paid for. I've been Lifetime since 2012.
  • beachwoman2006
    Options
    Actually, WW never got a dime from me. I started with meetings at work which the company paid for. I've been Lifetime since 2012.

But are you still using eTools (even if it's free)?
  • Philtex
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I have some recipes stored there and I update my weight each month - that's it. I have enough free e-tools vouchers from my monthly WIs to last several years, so I guess I'm officially a 'paying' member.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,477 Member
    Options
    Link I use told me to go to Connect. Had some sort of "testimonial" that Connect was the only good social network because it is intimate and always positive. Humph!
  • susan092907
    susan092907 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'm still getting in on a link posted on Proboards nonwwmessage boards. I'm still starting a daily thread on the maintenance board and posting on the smartpoints plan board. I'm doing it just for the curiosity factor and for the challenge of seeing how long I - and they - can keep it going.

I haven't paid WW since Dec 2012 - I'm a Lifetime member below goal, weighing in once a month to keep my membership active. I have a free etools account good until May 2021 but I haven't used etools since starting to track here this past March.
  • countcurt
    countcurt Posts: 593 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    88olds wrote: »
    Link I use told me to go to Connect. Had some sort of "testimonial" that Connect was the only good social network because it is intimate and always positive. Humph!

I read that article. I think that there were some boards on the WW community that were very much like the author discussed- bullying, mean, catty, you name the negative.

That said, there were any number of boards that contained lots of direct and useful help and support (because not all support is flowery and vacuous). There was also a ton of help to be found but in terms of prodding people to be realistic and honest, but also in terms of old fashion support. I'm just amazed that WW couldn't figure out a way to keep the good stuff and minimize the un-useful components.

Well, maybe not amazed, but skeptical for certain.