Is there a diabetes forum that is also LCHF?

2»

Replies

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,761 Member
    hazel1505 wrote: »
    I'm new I'm T2. I have had lots of surgery and haven't been able to walkfor the last8 yrs. let alone exercise. So I'm starting below ground level so all I can do is go up from here. I have started the lchf and kinda keto I think... I started myfitnesspal about 3 or 4 days a go. when I walk I get so tired I fall asleep. I have a bad hip and back so it is hard to walk for any amount of time. do y'all have any indeas on what I can do for exercise. also I have a question. I have been watching youtube and everyone that makes smoothies put protein powder in . and they all have Whey on the front of the can. So if I'm lchf I shouldn't be eating wheat. isn't whey wheat? so why would I want to add whey to my smoothie? thanks sorry its so long

Protein powders also come in vegan, all vegetable source protein and soy protein as well. You don't have to use whey, and whey is part of milk not wheat. Check out sit and be fit on youtube.com, lots of exercises for those who can't walk. Hang in there and get healthy.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited February 2017
    hazel1505 wrote: »
    I'm new I'm T2. I have had lots of surgery and haven't been able to walkfor the last8 yrs. let alone exercise. So I'm starting below ground level so all I can do is go up from here. I have started the lchf and kinda keto I think... I started myfitnesspal about 3 or 4 days a go. when I walk I get so tired I fall asleep. I have a bad hip and back so it is hard to walk for any amount of time. do y'all have any indeas on what I can do for exercise. also I have a question. I have been watching youtube and everyone that makes smoothies put protein powder in . and they all have Whey on the front of the can. So if I'm lchf I shouldn't be eating wheat. isn't whey wheat? so why would I want to add whey to my smoothie? thanks sorry its so long

Whey is from milk but is still insulinogenic. Maybe rely on whole food sources.

Keto works great even without exercise but if you are so inclined to try something honestly anything above and beyond what's been typical would be considered progress in my opinion. If you get a resistance band you can do lots of exercises with it right from your chair. Once weight starts to reduce, you might be able to do some walking. Just remember, you don't need to walk miles and miles or work out for hours. Just do more than you've done before.